“Overnight before a cruise departure”

Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Titusville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Overnight before a cruise departure”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The hotel is what you pay for. At $57 a night my expectations were low to begin with. That said the room was comfortable and reasonably clean. I did kill one small bug in the bathroom. The bathroom overall was OK, shower OK, cleanliness OK, however the towels have seen better days. The room was poorly furnished and the lighting was poor. Also most of the decor was very old. I could only locate one wall outlet (other then the one in the bathroom) and it was not in good repair. There were cords spread across the room to what was apparently the only other outlet in the room, fire hazard? The TV was fine and I did not use the internet services. There was a lot of noise form the pool area but it did die down before midnight. The lack of elevators is frustrating if you have heavy luggage, but luckily my wife and I are young and in good shape, though I would imagine it could be an issue for older and/or heavier patrons. The hallways were not heated and cooled and were very warm and muggy. I did like the keyed entry to the hallways and the fact that is has all interior hallways. I did not use the Denny's as I tried to find a healthier option nearby, though I'm sure it is just fine for most guests. In summary, you get what you pay for. I did not feel unsafe though I did feel like I was at an older more run down property. You can only clean the same old carpets, sheets, towels, and bed linens so much before they just won't get any better. For future cruise departures I'll opt to spend the extra $30-35/night and go with Fairfield Inn or HI Express.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Mary Ellen Y, Director of Sales at Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us.
We take everything into consideration our guests write. I hope on your next trip you find a place that meets your satisfaction. Thank you again for your review and staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed here last april/May and again this year early May for six nights. It suits us very well being close Kennedy Space Centre and all the area has to offer. The breakfast is a bonus and altho the voucher says no substitutions they did allow us to have toast instead of pancakes, so no problem there. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the bathrooms good. Iron and board provided and a safe which is important. We used the Washing Machine this year but found it did not dissolve the soap powder properly and left white marks on clothes but not a real issue. Used the Wifi facility and the computer in reception for emails etc., very useful Ramada once again.

Room Tip: we prefer a ground floor room, and on both occasions had one at the back of the hotel. very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary Ellen Y, Director of Sales at Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you once again for a very nice review. We really are a great hotel to stay at while visiting the Space Coast area. We are very centralized to lots of attractions like the Kennedy Space Center. All our guests get a voucher for a free hearty breakfast and if it's not what you want you can use it as a discount for something you do want. We understand that when you are with us for a few days after a while it does get boring eating the same thing every morning. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you again. Have a Wonderful Summer !
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a wedding in town. The price was great and there is an onsite Denny's. (hello midnight milkshakes!!). Rooms were clean. Pool are is good, nothing fancy. There is a wooden play set for children but it needs to be sanded and stained ( my only suggestion) because my son ended up with a splinter. (really not a big deal). The cleaning staff were the friendliest people I've ever met and honestly they are the ones that secured my five star rating of this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Stacie01
Mary Ellen Y, Director of Sales at Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hi Stacie,

Thank you for such a great review. We enjoyed having you and your family with us on such a special occasion. I'm so sorry to hear about your son. We have spoken with maintenance to take care of the playground so this doesn't happen again. Those midnight milkshakes do hit the spot right..lol. A copy of your review has been posted for the staff to see and let them know how well of a job they are all doing. We look forward to having you and your family with us again in the future.
Thank you for staying with Ramada Inn - Kennedy Space Center.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had 2 nights here so that we could visit the Kennedy Space Centre. The Ramada was clean and comfortable. The Denny's breakfast was convenient, although the service was not the quickest. It's well-worth a drive to the end of Playalinda Beach at the end of the day.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Mary Ellen Y, Director of Sales at Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Hello Helen,

It was wonderful to have read that you enjoyed staying with us while visiting Kennedy Space Center. The KSC is only 20 minutes from Ramada Inn. I will speak with the manager at Denny's regarding the service you received to prevent this from happening to our other guests. Yes, Playalinda is a very beautiful beach to visit and to relax. It is a very natural beach that is undeveloped which is very nice to see some things untouched by progress. I'm glad you got to experience it. Thank you again for staying with us.
Greenville, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The property is somewhat dated, but is clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly and helpful. The Value Slam at Denny's was an added bonus. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary Ellen Y, Director of Sales at Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Hi BonnieJean,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will inform our staff and Denny's about your kind words.
We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you
Barnesville, Georgia
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Got a great deal on another cruise, so we went back to Titusville and stayed in this hotel for the second time in two months. This time my room was free with points. Even though my room was free, the staff was very professional and treated us as if we were paying full price. We still enjoyed the breakfast at Denny's. I told a friend of mine about the hotel and they changed their reservations to stay at this hotel with their 4 children. They also enjoyed it. I plan to stay here whenever I am in Titusville.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard room on the bottom floor looking out on the pool. We sat outside waiting for a r...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Papa W
Mary Ellen Y, Director of Sales at Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
I would like to thank you for being a returning guest. This tells me that the staff is doing a good job. As you have learned while being here on your return trip it don't make a difference if you are staying free or paying. All guests are treat the same with the up most respect. We also love hearing how you told your friend about us & they came and stayed as well. As a mother/grandmother my self when the kids are not happy it can make it a long & unhappy trip. However, your friends that stayed with us has 4 children and had a great time as well. This goes to show you that when you stay with us you can be single, couple or family you will have a very good experience. When you are all ready to come back to the area to go on another cruise or just visiting the area please call us. Our staff will be happy to make your reservation with a smile in their voices. Take care till next time. Thank you all again.
green valley
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Another mom and I went to watch our daughters play softball in Titusville and we stayed at this hotel. Everyone was extremely helpful when we checked in. Our trip turned into a horrible nightmare when we were in a car accident, our flight home was cancelled due to the airline going bankrupt, my friend lost her license, and her daughter wound up in the emergency room from a virus. The staff was helpful when we had to fax information to our insurance regarding the accident, they ran over to Dennys to get us quarters for the washing machine when we came down without shoes. There were a lot of little things the staff did for us. We came back to our hotel VERY late everynight and everyone was always so friendly. The hotel was clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. Thanks to your staff for making what turned into a nightmare of a trip, give us a little comfort. And having a free breakfast at Denny's each morning was very convenient!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hello Melissa,

I'm so glad to hear that you all made it home safely. Yes you had a nightmare of a trip, I must agree with you there. I'm so glad that our staff was able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible for all of you. I do want to say thank you for your kind words regarding the staff members that were able to help you. I know they all felt bad & wish they could have done more for all of you. We do look forward to having you all back when you visit this area again. We know that your return trip will be much better. Wish you all the best Melissa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Titusville
Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
Holiday Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area
Best Western Space Shuttle Inn

Been to Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center? Share your experiences!