“Impossible to cancel a reservation”
Review of Three Oaks Motel

Three Oaks Motel
Three Oaks Motel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Titusville
Chicago
“Impossible to cancel a reservation”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I made a reservation online and I need to cancel. E-mailed confirmation provided an inactive e-mail address for the motel and offered no on-line way to cancel including no phone number for cancellation with the booking agency. I'm now into my second day of calling the motel to cancel. The desk person on duty pre-Noon cannot help. I'm trying again this afternoon then ... Cancellation is required 3 days in advance. I'll invoke my credit card issuer if I get no luck canceling--it shouldn't be that much of an ordeal!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roamingbears

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The lady who worked there was nice, but her daughter was mean and extremely rude. The "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke....but I thought it was the only room available for miles around...and it was late, so at first, I decided to stay...Ten minutes after I had checked in, I changed my mind, and decided to keep traveling home...but the manager said t was too late....), so I pretty much had no choice...I could not sleep all night because the sheets were impregnated with the smell of cigarettes...they were also full of holes...Gross. Carpet dirty, too.

I could go further into detail...but, all in all...it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, including hotels in the "third world". Yuk.

Room Tip: Do not stay here...if necessary...drive too the next town altogether.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Mar A

Travelers are raving about these Titusville hotels

Augsburg, Germany
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Never go to this Motel. Don't even think about it.
It is infested with cockroaches. It should have clicked with

us when we were told by a person staying in the dwelling next door in passing that the room

we had booked just 4 hours earlier was the best in the

complex.

Well, it didn't click then but it does now. we were out of that place

after being woken by noises in the room. Switching on

the lights, only to realize cockroaches were eating my

face. The bed was infested with them. They were

everywhere. Me and my girlfriend just freaked. We

didn't even unpack for the dirt in that room. We are

angry to say the least as at 1.30 in the morning rather

than argue with the girl in the office about our refund she refused to extend to us. We

felt forced to settle a bill of 79 USD and then go as

far from that place as possible. It was the yearly bike week and

all the hotels were full in Titusville. It took us

untill 4.00pm before we could get our heads down in a

Radisson Hotel in Orlando.
Don't even think about this place. I plan to contact the

health department for Titusville to make an official

complaint with the aim of having that place shut down.

How dare they think they can rip people like that and

get away with it.

A very dissatisfied traveller.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PaulRobinson01
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2011

this place is far from clean. we stayed in room #2. shower was gross, i took a shower with my shoes on. no door on one of the 2 fridges in the room. mold, dirt, rust, DISGUSTING!! just dont stay there. wouldnt recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dwilliams8532
Minnedosa, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We are fairly thrifty travellers who don't look for a lot of amenities - just a clean place with a decent bed & a shower. The Three Oaks Motel advertises that it is "extra clean". Nothing could be further from the truth. Our room was filthy - carpet not vacuumed; bathroom floor wasn't swept (let alone washed); old Q-tip behind toilet; bugs in the tub; switch plates black with finger-dirt. Plus, the towels were thin and threadbare; the bar of soap they gave us was so old it was brown & dried up; we had no hot water in our room; half of the electrical outlets not working; fridge not working . On top of all this, we were soaked $140/night - high rate due to the Space Shuttle launch but when we checked in, the launch had already been scrubbed for 3 days. We had booked a 2 night stay but cancelled after that first terrible night. To their credit, they did give us a refund for the 2nd night......

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank horselover99
Boston
Reviewed March 2, 2010

For what this place is -- an old motel a couple blocks from the waterfront (not the beach, though) Three Oaks Motel is perfectly fine and even a little better than other reviews we read led us to believe. Everything in the motel needs to be updated, but what they have is clean.

With the winding down of the Shuttle program and funding to NASA dwindling, I don't expect Titusville to get a big influx of tourists in the near future prompting Three Oaks to update. But for what we wanted -- a place we could roll out of bed and stumble a couple of blocks to watch the last nighttime Shuttle launch -- Three Oaks was perfect.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ertdredge
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel since it was walking distance from one of the parks where you can watch the space shuttle launch. We were on the second floor, and while you couldn't see the shuttle from the balcony, I bet you could see the launch.

The staff was very nice and friendly - it's a family that runs the hotel. However, the room felt more like a run down studio apartment. that a hotel. The furniture was dated, there was a non-working stove in the corner. There was a kitchen-type sink, fridge, and a microwave, but the fridge was not plugged in and I didn't attempt to use any appliances.

The bathroom was clean enough, but there was dirt on the floor in the corners. The sheets and towels were rough, there was a cigarette burn in the comforter. The HVAC unit was noisy (but effective for heat) and you could hear a lot of road noise, even with the windows and doors closed.

They had free wireless internet, but it was slow and spotty at times.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple