“Good french fries”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Good french fries”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stopped here on the way back from the doctor for a quick bite and it was recommended by a friend. It was very busy so we thought it would taste great. Not so much. We ordered fried green tomatoes for an appetizer and they came out very greasy and mostly burnt. When I asked the waitress about most of the items on the list, I was surprised that a lot of the items were not made from scratch. Green beans from a can, instant mashed potatoes, frozen mac n cheese.... you get the picture. I also asked about the Brunswick stew that she said the consistency was strange. Basically it was tomato sauce, bbq, chicken (both which were probably left over from the day before), and corn. That's it. She brought me a sample and she was right.... very strange. It looked like mush.

Anyway, after hearing this, I ordered a grilled cheese (how can you mess that up), the potato salad that she said they made with bacon and baked beans. So when it came out it looked ok. The potato salad I was not a fan of because the bacon was pretty chewy and I gave it to my hubby. The baked beans, although not hot, were ok and the grilled cheese was fine.

My hubby got the pulled pork sandwich, fries and coleslaw. He liked it and his fries and coleslaw were great. But his pulled pork sandwich did look, ummmm, like mush too.

Sorry restaurant the best thing about my lunch was the waitress. She was very nice and she smiled at all of her guests in the restaurant. I would go back to see her, but the food.... not so much.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank QueenJoleneM

El Paso, Illinois
“There are Better Choices”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stopped by for lunch today after doing the Titusville Wildlife Refuge. My husband ordered the smoke chicken wings. i tried the Brunswick stew based on a few reviews we'd read. The bottom line is that there are so many better restaurants in the area that you should just skip this one. The stew looked like cat food and although it tasted better than it looked that was mainly because I loaded it with their sweet and spicy sauce which is available at the table. The corn bread that came with it was soggy and flavorless. Their baked beans tasted like the came from a can with a bit of brown sugar added. The potato salad was the best thing we had as it had loads of bacon and a bit of vinegar. The smoked chicken wings were o.k., but nothing special. Our advice is to keep driving. the Coffee Shop in Titusville has better food as does Sonny's BBQ.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cabdg
Titusville, Florida
“Good Place for Breakfast in Mims, FL”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Louis's BBQ serves a very good country breakfast at a very reasonable price. Sausage gravy and biscuits is my favorite. Other meals are OK and this is a local favorite.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank jim a
“Pretty good BBQ”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Got my lunch to go from here today. After my 10 minute drive back to work and sitting down at my desk to eat, I thought the food would be getting cold. Nope. I burnt my whole mouth on the chopped pork. Why is the pork so hot?? However, once I let it cool off, it was pretty good. They give you a pretty good amount of it too. The sweet potato casserole was good, despite its appearance (see photo), and the sweet tea is great. Lower price than I usually have to fork out for lunch too so I like that. There is better BBQ nearby, but this place isn't bad.

2 Thank JKfromFlorida
Palm Coast, Florida
“Nice BBQ shop”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This restaurant packs them in for lunch in a very low population area, that's all you need to know. The meat is smoked and served dry. The beef and pork are either sliced or chopped. No pulled pork or burnt ends here. The meats are tender but not cooked until "it falls off the bone". The servings are large and reasonably priced. Their Brunswick stew, corn muffins and blueberry cobbler are particularly good. The sauces are good and they serve portions of chopped jalapenos on the side for a little extra heat. The baked beans need a little extra pork. Beer is not served.

• Visited November 2012