“Best hotel stay in a very long time!!!!”

BEST WESTERN Space Shuttle Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Titusville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Myers, FL
“Best hotel stay in a very long time!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

My husband and I traveled with our 45lb Pointer mix pound puppy. For a $10.00 fee our pup was graciously accepted. We had stayed at this hotel several years ago and were very pleased to find that the rooms had been recently remodeled in a modern upscale fashion. The beds were brand new and very comfortable as were the pillows, the latter being had to find in hotels of this price range. The staff was friendly and eager to please. New plumbing fixtures with granite counter tops, large flat screen tv, coffee maker and did I say very comfortable beds? WOW!! Our pup was also pleased with the large play area behind the hotel. Swing set for the kids and a gazebo with table & chairs beside a small creek. Several picnic tables and a BBQ grill. All in all, a great place to stay with everything you could want so close. Easy access to I-95 and a very good restaurant on site.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
north carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

After reading reviews I wasn't sure about booking a room. But the star rating told me to give it a try. I was very happy to see that the hotel was nothing like people were saying. These reviews must be very old. The room was nice and clean. I did not see these bugs that people were talking about and the hotel was well lit which made me feel good and safe. We booked a room while we were there for the next weekend. The hotel is very convienient to a lot of places for shopping or eating and it is right next to I95 which was nice. This is where we'll be staying whenever we visit this area from now on. Oh yes and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reading, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

My girlfriend and I headed to the Space Shuttle Inn as a base for our two-day trip to the KSC and found it to be a most pleasant surprise.

Given the price we weren't sure what to expect but found our room to be clean and comfortable with a good shower, TV, fridge and A/C. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and all-to-willing to phone local restaurants on our behalf.

There is a bar/grill attached to the Space Shuttle Inn called, I believe, Durangos and it too was a very well-priced and enjoyable place to eat and drink.

Finally, the included breakfast was a really good start to the day.

All in all we were both extremely happy with our stay and would gladly recommend other to stay there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

I got in the area too early to see the shuttle launch so I decided to stay nearby for an extra day. I picked the hotel for the restauraunt. From a distance it didn't look that appealing. But the price was great. Once I got into the room (#168) I found that it had new carpet, bathroom, and TV ( I am NOT used to digital TV/Cable). The food in the restaurant (Durango chain) was good. The pool area was well maintained for Nov. The grounds had a lake for fishing. As far as the bad reveiws, there is apparently a canine event going on with dogs tommarow which was checked in at a different part of the hotel than my room. The breakfast area appears clean but I write this at 11PM>

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Haarlem, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

Stayed here for a night due to a visit to the space center. The rooms looked ok for this price but after discovering a groose cuckroach in the room I didn't slept well.... Also a lot of ants in the room, but that didn't bother me.

The insects come right thru the door....

Spacecenter is cool!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Titusville hotels

Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

We were traveling to see family and spent 2 nights at the BW Space Shuttle Inn. We enjoyed our stay. Found the rooms to be very clean and the continential breakfast was great. Loved the pool. The hotel staff was very friendly and very accomodating. Thank you so much for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
St. Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

I checked in to the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn to view a space shuttle launch. When entering my room, I found it was full of bugs about the size of ants with wings. They were literally all over the room. My daughter screamed when she saw two large crickets on Her pillow. We then noticed a lizard on the wall above the door. when I approached it, it disappeared through a hole in the top of the door jam. When I complained to the front desk, I was told that that part of Florida had been invaded by the bugs and there was nothing they could do about them. I was also told not to worry about the lizard because it wouldn't hurt me. They finally found us another room, but it was a smoking room. I had reserved a non smoking room. I decided that smoke smell was better than bugs. Unfortunately, our new room was full of bugs as well. Since the shuttle launch was scheduled for early in the morning, we were required to report to the Kennedy Space Centers visitor complex around midnight. We would be up most of the night and not return to our room until about 8:00 AM. I contacted the front desk and requested a late checkout. I planned to sleep until about 1:00 PM and leave about 2:00 PM. I was told that this would be fine. unfortunately, I got a call waking me up about 5 minutes till 11:00 AM wanting to know when I was checking out. The night staff had not passed word that I requested a late checkout. This hotel was the worst hotel that I have ever lodged with. I would not stay here again. I noticed that a previous reviewer said that they would rather sleep in their car, and I have to agree.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Titusville
Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Holiday Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center
Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach

Been to BEST WESTERN Space Shuttle Inn? Share your experiences!