“Your car would be better”

Best Western Space Shuttle Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Titusville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This place sucks. My family and I visited on 5/31/2008 for the space shuttle launch.

The sink area smelled of puke and the tub liner was so disgusting and dirty that my 6 year old had to take a shower. I did not want her butt on that nasty thing.

Obviously, this hotel is not big on cleaning.

I paid 154 dollars for one night and I think I was overcharged 153 dollars. If I had to choose between this place and my car, I would sleep in my car.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank WorldTravelerFlorida
There are newer reviews for Best Western Space Shuttle Inn

Reviewed June 2, 2008

Definitely right ... NOT one of the fancier hotels! I'm not very picky, but it should be at least clean and working! Stains all over carpet, absolutely no water pressure in shower (it was a trickle!) my husband messed with it and finally got it better, but not much. When I called the front desk about the water pressure they just kept asking me if I was pulling the knob all the way out! As if I didn't know how to work it!!!! The room keys took about 20 times to finally get in the door (when I called about that, they said, "Are you pulling the handle towards you first?). Then my daughter had gotten sick and the toilet wouldn't flush. When I called about that (and needed a plunger) they said, I'm sorry, you will have to come down here for it, we don't have a maintenance man today and I can't bring it to you. After 5 times of trying to flush the toilet I had enough!!! I went to the office and long story short they gave us another room (2nd floor and much cleaner but still smelled). The lady also said she would see what they could do on the bill since we had so many problems.

Upon checkout there were 3 people in front of me that had issues with rooms. the lady behind the desk said oh my, this doesn't happen and I proceeded to ask her if she forgot about yesterday with my room issues and the 2 other people that needed room changes since she WAS in the office when I complained and got a new room! By the way ... nothing was done on the bill, no compensation for playing my own handy man!!

Live and Learn!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank shutterbugnn
Reviewed April 1, 2008

OK, this is not one of the fancier hotels we've ever stayed at, but it met our needs, and the people are genuinely friendly and helpful. After driving through the night, we got there at noon and despite the 3:00 check-in time, they were able to get us into a room right away. The free breakfast was a pleasant surprise. The location was great for access to KSC.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank OHBusymom
Reviewed November 16, 2007

Paid $62/night to be close to space center, $3.50 coupon for admission in the lobby, close to 24hr walmart and home depot, room, and bathroom was average and clean, nothing fancy, big room, breakfast was better than average, and internet access in lobby. Go to space center early as long line ups to buy tickets and to get thru security.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ELCHEAPEE
Reviewed November 4, 2007

We landed in Miami at 11 am, it was not an easy experience to get the car we rented as Fox has their office outside the airport and we needed to wait a while before they pick us up.
We drove in direction of Titusville and actually wanted to swim a bit before dinner. We wanted to go to the seaside but as the hotel had a swimming pool we decided to go directly to the hotel. Bad surprise the “swimming pool” was so small that it was simply impossible to get in as it was crowded. Then we decided to wait in the room till dinner time (also because there is nothing around the hotel). Our room was not really clean, the carpet was old and dirty. The bathroom was clean. There is a steak house at the entrance which was really great. Food was good and staff really friendly and fast. Breakfast in the morning was also fine, the lady working there very friendly and everything was clean. It is very well located for NASA space center visit. We spent there a whole day taking the tour of the platforms it was really great experience.
After our visit we drove to Orlando

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Silla68
Reviewed October 13, 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights in September, we arrived early and they let us check in at 11:30 instead of 15:00.
The reception staff could not have been more helpful, they gave us maps and money off coupons for the restaurants in the area.
I am a Best Western Platinum cardholder and they upgraded us to a really nice, large room, very clean, nothing fancy but this is not a resort hotel, it is just off the Interstate and ideal for visiting Kennedy.
We didn't use the pool but it looked clean and well kept, there is a laundry and we could see the maintenance guy around all the time.
The breakfast which is included was great, we also visited Dennys in the Ramada across the street.
Part of the hotel is a Durangos Steakhouse and we ate there twice because the food service and prices were great.
At the back of the hotel is a charming and well kept park area with barbeques, on one side is a painted memorial to the Space Shuttle, the reception is obviously the same theme.
We visited Dixie Crossroads one night too, great seafood.
If I was visiting Kennedy again I would stay here.
After all, how can you not, with a name like this hotel?

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
8  Thank glamourpuss1000
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We booked this hotel becuase it was close to attractions and port but reasonably priced. When we arrived the place looked nothing like what you see online. IT was dirty and rough. Our room was strange smelling and moldy. The beds were rock hard! I would not pay 70 a night to stay at this place again! I got what I would expect for a low rent hotel for the higher price!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank robandhillary
Also consider these accommodations in or near Titusville
Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Holiday Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Space Shuttle Inn? Share your experiences!