“Something Sweet has moved to Port St John......”
Review of Something Sweet

Something Sweet
Ranked #4 of 4 Bakeries in Titusville
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Read the wonderful reviews about this bakery on Tripadvisor and decided to pay a visit. Unfortunately, they are no longer situated at 16 Main, Titusville. I believe they have moved to Port St John.

Having driven to 16 Main Street and seeing an vacant store we looked around and we saw a large cupcake drawing in a shop window across the street (13 Main Street) and decided to pay a visit in the thought that Something Sweet may have moved to larger premises. On entering this establishment we discovered that this was indeed a bakery but not Something Sweet. Nevertheless, we received a warm welcome from the owner, Cynthia, who advised us that Something Sweet had moved to Port St John. As the aroma of her baking hit our noses we asked her about her products. She told us that all she bakes contains only organic ingredients and that they were sublime. Both my wife and I can testify to this fact - Cynthia's brownies and cupcakes we bought were absolutely delicious: outstandingly so.
However, this review is not about Cupcakes on Main (I look forward to writing a review if/when Cupcakes on Main gets it Tripadvisor page) but to alert readers that Something Sweet has moved.

JohnnieSue, Owner at Something Sweet, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for the attempt to find us, we are currently updating our new location. (3740 Curtis Blvd Port St John Fl) We are pleased you found a lovely alternative and that Cindy took great care of you. Hopefully we will be able to help you in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Some people recommend try there desserts so I bought an assortment of cupcakes, absolutely best cupcakes ever! I just can't decide my favorite, the peanut butter chocolate or the red velvet. Can't wait to try somthing else!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great cup cakes!! They did an amazing job with our wedding. Highly recommend! But plan ahead they get busy fast!

1  Thank FlTravelBug218
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Bought a few cupcakes here, to try this place.. for maybe a cake for a wedding, or birthday coming up.. the cake was dry, nothing fancy, & the 3 cupcakes ( all various kinds) were dry, & the frosting was sickning sweet, like winndixie cakes.. too expensive & not very good.

1  Thank Dreamsofriveriamaya

Thank you for taking the time to review our shop. We are sorry you did not enjoy your cupcakes, we take great pride in our cupcakes and strive to put out a lovely and satisfying product at all times.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Was probably one of her first clients ever in Titusville, but after the TV show and moving to a new location, fame has changed her attitude.

The prices have gone up, several times the quality was not the best-dry and not up to the former standards. When she was asked to donate a cake or a dozen cupcakes for a charity veterans event, she refused, and also refused to make a birthday cake for a customer who has been with her since the beginning of her business. Excuse "too busy and booked weeks in advance" C'mon, you cannot spare a dozen cupcakes for a fundraiser. Several of us have stopped going in there-just the wrong attitude since she is so "famous". Oh well, there are other options.

5  Thank fencejumper
JohnnieSue, Owner at Something Sweet, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Fencejumper if you were one of my "first" customers ever, you would certainly know that "fame" has not gone to my head...... not even close. I'm sorry you did not get the attention you felt entitled too. We have not changed our cake prices in 4 years, cupcakes 3 years, but yes they have risen since we opened our doors in 2003. Apparently you did not ask me for the donation, because 99% of the time we hand out gift certificates freely for worthy causes, although there are times we do have to say no, since we are a small family owned business. And yes ......certain times of the year we become completely booked and have to turn away orders, but always offer an alternative. It's a shame you did not come to me personally with this complaint , especially since you have been with me so long, because it would have been my pleasure to take care of any problem.