“need improvement” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Durango's Steakhouse

Durango's Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 134 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“need improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Bad day at Durango's......bad meal,slow service,,,,arrived at 2:45,,ordered sweet potato with dinner,was told they are not ready til 4:00...well we had dry chicken with pineapple,dry and very charred edges,,,,,babybacks also very dry....sirloin barely tasty...appitizer platter and desserts were the best,,,,drinks were fine...service is lazy...we set near the bar,,,do not know servers name,except he was training a guy...sorry,,but it was bad...you know a new steak house is opening soon,,like to keep business here....

• Visited April 2014

Rome, Italy
“Close to the hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We spent a night in Titusville at the Best Western and this restaurant is close to the lobby and suggested by the concierge. Generally we like to move and to see the surrounding area but that night we were a little bit tired and we decided to stay close and we selected Durango. As a BW guests we had a free appetizer (giant fried onion, delicious!) and a promo 2x1 with drinks.
We ordered 2 margaritas (big and very good) and we tried the bbq specialties (salmon and sirloin), everything very good and well cooked. Then, as a ritual since we arrived in florida, "everything ends with a cheesecake". A good deal! Recommended

Titusville, Florida
“Great meeting and eating place in Titusville, Fl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I met some friends at "The Taste of Titusville" which is an annual convergence of restauranteurs and businesses in the area to showcase their individual specialties. One of the first restaurants was Durango's. They offerred their famous steak, ribs and shrimp. If I could go around in circles and just sample from that table without being noticed, I would have. The line up to that table was the longest and everyone was just raving about it. The proprietors were outside grilling, while their staff served their guests whom were
queued up to the door.

On Friday (later that week) we met some friends at Durango's and had their happy hour
drinks, which by the way, last all day and their famous fiesta sampler. The food was great,
the drinks were great and all around a great place to meet your friends.

I don't know what the previous reviewer (Kathleen B.) is talking about. I don't think she was
at the same place as we were. The staff are very friendly and most attentive. Very knowledgeable on making drinks as I watched them at length.

I would most definitely recommend Durango's to anyone visiting or in town that have not yet experienced a great steak, primerib or ribs along with many other menu items.

Frankie

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What is going on there?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

This USED to be a great place to eat....what happened? My visit last night 3-17-2014 @ 5:00 was first met with 6 scowling waitresses all standing around the entrance/seating podium, debating whose area was whose (obviously unhappy about tips and their "areas"). We stood for a few minutes while the one teenager/hostess attempted to explain to the other teenagers, unhappy teenagers, while we stood waiting for her attention in this less than 1/2 capacity restaurant. We were seated (no smiles, no welcoming attitude) and waited on by an adult. A very nice very friendly adult. She quickly took our orders. Appetizers came, nothing special and awaited our entree's. TOTAL disappointment. My ONION fajita, yes it was suppose to be a chicken fajita, but the chicken was minimum and the uncooked onions maximum. 3 CHUNKS of peppers and the tortillas were hard. My dining partner had the ..... I am going to say sombrero mahi (eh might as well been a sombrero for it was dry and tough). We did notice a great change in our very friendly waitress when she had to deliver this crap to our table and NOT once did she ask us how we liked our food (I believe she was embarrassed that she has to bring this crap to our table). I decided not to complain for I was absolutely positive that I would never come back and why ruin her day (sure it was already a challenge). The last time I was in, a month ago I noticed a lowering of the standards from the kitchen, but wrote that off as "one of those days". I used to owned and operate a small café and know that some days you can not even boil water (off days...nothing goes right). NOW I realize that there must have been a changing of the guard/cook and the new guard is HORRIBLE. Should be immediately removed IF Durango's would like to stay in business. ALL this for a cool price tag of $100.00 (tax and tip). I will say that the Bloody Mary was spot on, but then I was not there to drink, I was there to eat. My partner, later in the evening, was prisoner to the bathroom (I suspect his salad and cross contamination). Personally I have been ill for the last few weeks and this was my first outing in as much time. I returned home to pray myself to sleep (while I contemplated a visit to the E.R.), very sick and the ramifications of this meal I am still dealing with this morning (I now am prisoner to the bath room). FIRE YOUR KITCHEN IN IT'S ENTIRIETY...that is IF you plan on going forward in business. SHAME ON YOU.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kathleen B
jmg710, Guest Relations Manager at Durango's Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
The management at Durango's truly welcomes and appreciates the efforts of our customers who write valid reviews with suggestions and constructive criticism that help us improve our establishment. Unfortunately the tone of your review was such that we felt compelled to do the necessary research and the following is an outline of what we discovered:

1. Lengthy delay being seated-

We have verified that from the time you checked in with the hostess station it was only 40 SECONDS until you were seated.

2. Servers attitude-

Speaking your server, she remembered you and your friend and informed us that you both seemed extremely happy and ENJOYED THE FOOD SO MUCH that you asked to have the remainder boxed to take home and even requested a variety of our sauces " to go" also. Heidi happily obliged at no additional charge. You topped off your evening with two shots of Baileys and left a VERY GENEROUSLY 24% TIP, yes, 24% tip!!!!

3. Cool price tag of $100. with tax and tip-

After pulling your check this is how it stacked up...
4 Bloody Mary's - $12.00
Margarita Mahi Mahi. $13.99
2 shots of Baileys $13.00

TIP $ 18.89
GRAND TOTAL $100.00

You are right that the restaurant has changed hands but that transfer happened 2 & 1/2 years ago making Durangos locally owned and operated by caring Titusville residents. They, along with an amazing staff are dedicated to making it a great place to enjoy good food and drink at reasonable prices.

That evening (St. Patrick's Day) all managers were on duty but the fact that there was no mention to any of them or your waitress of your "horrible experience" leaves us confused and wondering if there is another agenda.

Kathy, your review managed to unjustly insult every aspect of the restaurant from the hostess station to the wait staff to the kitchen crew and even the ownership, therefore our only suggestion is for you find another establishment to frequent and let us continue to serve our loyal customers to the best of our abilities!

Management Team of Durangos, Titusville
Hollywood, Florida
“great food for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We decided to try someplace new to us so we went to Durango's. We had a short wait to be seated. The menu had a wide choice of food. we ordered and received it promptly. It was a very nice place and we plan to come back again when we are in the area.