“place is great” 5 of 5 bubbles

New York - New York
Ranked #26 of 134 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“place is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

go every year to bike week and stay in titusville needed G.P.S. to find this place. great place to hang out good service good food and full bar wicth me and my girl freind just love!!!!!!

• Visited March 2010
1 Thank randew77

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place should just close. It is a dump!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I have been here a few times, but NEVER again. Other than the nice tiki bar and the girls who work it, this place is a total dump. The walls inside are falling apart, the place is filthy, and the restrooms are a health hazard. Why they haven't been closed down for that is beyond me. The wait staff is inattentive and the food is so so. I thought they closed at 8:30, but I have heard the cook pitch a fit when asked to cook at 7:30. I thought they were running a restaurant?

I talked to the owner once and she seemed to be more interested in slamming down beer rather than running her business.

It is a great location. She should close and let somebody else try and open a real business there.

• Visited January 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BarFly8675309
San Francisco, California
“Great view of the space center. Great bar. Terrible everything else.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

On the water, so you get a great view for launches. Most bartenders are good and no measured pours-still, the one thing they could make money on- you will never see the place open past nine pm at the LATEST.
The food-over priced greasy spoon. Owner hangs out drinking. Building looks as if a good wind could blow it over.
BTW- "Donnaree"- Manager at "New York New York".
Go for a drink or a launch.

• Visited July 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
longwood, fl
“Love it, love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

This is old time Florida with great views, wonderful food, and interesting people. Grouper, burgers, garlic shrimp...all great!

savannah
“New York, New York it's a hell of a- bad restaurant!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

Easily in the bottom 3 worst places I've ever eaten. It's only saving graces were it's location and a woman I presume to be the owner. I was there to view a little publicized rocket launch. For future launches I plan to skip this place all together and park somewhere close by- preferable upwind.

When my companion and I arrived there were only three tables occupied. It never got busier, although, in fairness, the tiki bar seemed too. We were greeted by a woman, I assume was the owner, because she was the employee emitting any personality in the entire place.

After 5 or more minutes of waiting a waitress came over. I explained to her that I wanted to order an appitizer and hold off on placing our dinner order. This made her visibly uncomfortable, angry almost. She told me there were 10 orders ahead of mine and if we didn't want to be there all night we would order everything at the same time. Which I agreed to do.

Even heeding our waitresses advice our salad and our appeitizer STILL came out at the same time. The sauce for our mozzarella sticks was ice cold. Colder than the lettuce or the salad dressing.

My companion asked for a drink refill, she came over with a styrofoam cup and poured the contents into his plastic one.

What happened next I will NEVER forget. A strange smell came over this place. It was overwhelming. My companion and I still cannot agree on what it was, except it was foul enough to make us both lose our appetites. To me it smelled of was stale, stagnant urine you might experience from an outdoor port-a-potty on a hot day. My companion claims it was bad seafood. Regardless, the smell was not from the river because we escaped via the back door for some fresh river air.

What food we did eat was typical "dive" fare. We stayed for the launch of the Atlas V rocket launch then quickly got out of there. Nice location, but, in all honesty, how this place passed a health inspection, I will never know. The place really should be razed to prevent anyone else from making the dining mistake we did.

3 Thank hejira11