“A Wonderful Afternoon Lunch”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We had heard about this restaurant and it was on our list of places the try. We were not disappointed. The meal started with a small basket of corn fritters, topped with powdered sugar. They were delicious, plentiful and complimentary! When the basket was finished, the waitress asked if we wanted more. We had a coupon for Crab Bites, and those were delicious too. Since shrimp was their speciality, we each had a shrimp dish. Nothing to complain about with these meals. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was outstanding! Our waitress was bubbling over with personality and just couldn't do enough for us. We will definitely stop by this place next time we are in the area. We had a wonderful afternoon lunch.

1  Thank Frank D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,183)

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Revisit to Dixie Cross roads. I used to eat at this restaurant every weekend when I lived there. The food was good, but not great (like I remember it). Good service. Give this restaurant a try if you are in the area.

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Good food. Fun casual atmosphere. Food was delivered quickly and correctly. Staff was fun. Feed the fish while you wait.

1  Thank KK67KK
Reviewed August 20, 2014

If you are looking for "Grilled Swordfish with Mango Salsa" this is NOT your place. If you are looking for home style, southern fried shrimp -- this IS the place to go!! Every now and then I get a taste for "greasy fried seafood." Too much will kill you, but every now and again, you just get a craving for it! This is the place -- except the fried seafood is not greasy -- it is cooked perfectly. The restaurant is big and clean. The ladies in my group told me that the Ladies Room has a chandelier! Dixie Crossroads basically invented rock shrimp. Emeril profiled this restaurant on "Emeril's Florida." If you go there -- get the rock shrimp -- it is their specialty. It is a little work to eat, but it really tastes like lobster. We also had the Red Royal Shrimp. It is seasonal. I like fried shrimp, a lot. However, I LOVED the Red Royal Shrimp. It was cooked perfectly. the Red Royal Shrimp (as well as the other shrimp) is caught in Florida waters (they say). Not farm raised. Not shipped in from Vietnam. It really did taste fresh to me. My son loves shrimp -- so we were both in heaven. My wife and daughters hate shrimp (and all sea food). Their experience was not as awesome as mine and my son's. Not much to brag about from the land-lubber portion of the menu (according to my wife and daughters). Some of the reviewers banged on this place, but I loved it, and I would go again.

1  Thank SCColtsFan
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We always stop at Dixie Crossroads on our way to our Florida vacation locale. In fact, we travel out of our way to get there. And it never disappoints. All 9 of us can sit in the same booth. Kids meals are reasonably priced. They serve up piping hot corn puppies liberally sprinkled with powdered sugar that are to die for. Rock shrimp are one of their specialties. Ask if they are Canaveral shrimp or Gulf shrimp. Gulf shrimp are much, much bigger. And the servers are used to big groups so they are proficient in getting the food out in record time.