“Great Service!”
Review of Dixie Crossroads

Dixie Crossroads
Ranked #1 of 140 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is the first time we ate at Dixie Crossroads. We were staying with friends in Titusville and wanted to enjoy some seafood before we returned to Atlanta from vacation. This the first time we've ever had rock shrimp and it was so good! Nothing beats the service, though! Our waitress was Rose and she was friendly and informative. She took great care of our party and the kids loved her! Thanks to Dixie Crossroads for a great meal and great atmosphere!

1  Thank spoonelicious

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Friends of ours recommended we try the Dixie Crossroads. When driving down I-95 towards South Florida we say the sign and thought we'd stop. It was one of the best decisions we've made, The seafood was excellent, and the portions of everything were huge. But, best of all was the fried bread covered in powered sugar that they bring before the meal. We'd come just for that. If you're close to the Dixie Crossroads it's worth a trip,

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stopped in at this establishment earlier this afternoon. The atmosphere was neat but that's about all this place has going for it. Our waitress (I can't remember her name) sucked. She didn't bring out my soup until I had my meal which was fine, I myself am a server and I know that kind of thing just sometimes happens. She, however, never apologized and just dropped it off. She didn't ask if we needed anything else with our meal or if everything looked okay. She didn't even fill my Sweet Tea, another waitress had to. I understand people get busy but seriously...? After we started eating our meal she never came back to ask if everything was tasting okay. (Which it was not..) My catfish basket was terrible.. It was mushy and soggy and after a few bites I just completely lost my appetite. Had she came over sooner, instead of when we were both finished, I might have had something different but since she didn't I chose to not have anything in substitute. I know sometimes restaurants have an "off day" but this place definitely did not catch my eye as a "must go" place. The establishment did remove my catfish dinner from our bill but still wish waitress would have been more apologetic.

3  Thank Sammie G
Dawna T, Director of Sales at Dixie Crossroads, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Hi Sammie,
Although, it's not what we want to hear, we do appreciate you taking the time to write. We are not sure why your catfish was soggy, and it's not how we want you to remember your dining experience at Dixie Crossroads. Had we known in time we definitely would have replaced your catfish so that you could enjoy your lunch with your friend.
Would you help us identify your server so that we can correct this behavior? Since you do not remember her name, if you could tell us the date , what time you were here,and where you were sitting - we will be able to identify your server.
Customer service is so important, as you well know since you are in the industry. We always need to be aware if something is not up to our standards so we can correct it for the next guest.
If you will help us, here is my direct email Sales@DixieCrossroads.com.
Thank you Sammie and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am a local and had family come in from a different state that wanted seafood. I know from going to restaurants closer to the beach that the service is horrendous even though the food is very good. So, I took them to Dixie Crossroads. I have only been a couple times before this trip. My general experience on this trip was the same as other times I have been. The host staff seemed a little less than happy to be there but our server was really great. There was no wait when we went and parking was more than adequate. For the price I thought the portions were generous especially the tons of free corn fritters that were brought to our table. I would say in comparison to other seafood places the food is average. There is nothing particularly awesome on the menu, but it's still pretty authentic (not like Red Lobster). I was disappointed with the lack of variety in entree options. I had the rock shrimp, which is about as unique as this place gets. It was cooked perfectly and served hot with drawn butter. The fries were great. My sister got the lobster which was humongous, and she said it was very good. The biggest downfall about this restaurant is the serious need for renovation. The carpets and seating are really old and make the restaurant look dirty. Also, the terrible uniforms the employees have to wear look like road construction crew vests.

Dawna T, Director of Sales at Dixie Crossroads, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

We appreciate your recognition of the fact that we do serve authentic locally caught seafood instead of it being foreign pond raised. We think we have an awesome wait staff also.
We will use your review to talk with our host staff to help them improve their greeting when our guest arrive.
To help us improve our facility, we would appreciate a little clarification on your comment about the carpet. We currently have 2 large door mats when you enter due to the excessive amount of rain we are receiving this summer. That is the only carpet in the building - the rest is tile. Is this what you are referring to?
Again, we thank you for taking the time to help us improve the dining experience at Dixie Crossroads.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

On a positive note, there was plenty of parking. The hotel owner had recommended the place and I thought we should try it. Seating was fast. the waitress was quick. Our drinks were served fast and they put fried fritters covered in powdered sugar. I had never had sugar on my fritters and it was not a favourite. The fritters were not that great. We ordered the crabby bites because we had a coupon. Again, not that good. I had broiled grouper which was bland. The salad was good. The other entrees were the bacon shrimp and coconut shrimp. The bacon shrimp had a huge piece of bacon wrapped around a small shrimp. Finally just pulled the bacon off to eat the shrimp that was bland. Same for the coconut shrimp, the flavor was in the sauce. Oh, the spouse also had the clam chowder and did not bother to finish it. Very disappointed. We will not go again and certainly would not recommend. Oh yeah and do not use the women bathroom stall number one. It is a straight line of sight to seating and was just not right. Legs only but still....

1  Thank Rita of the River