“Excellent service, good food, variable qty”
Review of Dixie Crossroads

Dixie Crossroads
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

After reading some reviews (and also because in this location there are not a lot of actual options) we decided, the four of us, to go there. Honestly, this is a great place, and the service is tip top. The quality of the food is very good, although there is a discrepancy in the quantity across the different meals. For example, the small portion of Crab cake is very very small, although very good. We had 1 or 2 errors/wrong sides, but they have been fixed in a matter of minutes with smiles and efficiency, reflecting, I believe, the sense of service of this place. Not extremely cosy, but similar to Bubba Gump restaurant style if I say so. I would recommend it.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I am always impressed to eat at an established restaurant that exceeds expectations. The menu here is pretty straightforward- they don't embrace the dated Florida cuisine that deals with tropical fruit and other embellishments in seafood. The dining rooms are separated by a wall with etched glass. Noise level was pleasant. Despite the volume the staff is very capable of visiting your table often. The key is teamwork whereby your server takes the order and others deliver the courses.
We tried a couple of the day's specials, Royal Red shrimp and Snowy grouper. I lived in Florida previously and had never heard of these so I was excited.
The maxim of using fresh ingredients and treating them minimally with respect to seasoning and other ingredients was utilized in the preparation of these entrees. My grouper was broiled and came out very moist and ivory white. The shrimp were surprisingly excellent. The tail of a royal red is a little different looking, kind of slender. But what sweetness of flavor. I was very appreciative of the care taken by the kitchen in the preparation of both of these items. Not a degree of over cooking. The ingredients spoke for themselves.
I should have asked about the preparation of the char grilled oysters which we had as an appetizer. An excess of melted cheese robbed them of any oyster nectar. But once again the raw material was very good. I did not inquire about the provenance but they were a small size which I prefer.
I enjoyed seeing the staff move about conversing and expeditiously dealing with the food service. The team culture here is positive. I would definitely return to Dixie Crossroads.
We had plenty of time to drive several miles to a pier for the launch of an Air Force GPS satellite. As we were leaving there was a juvenile manatee mellowly chowing down on some sea grass in about three feet of water next to the pier. Great date night in Titusville.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were on vacation and heading home. We saw the billboards advertising (which I'm not a fan of but decided to try it). We are so glad we went. The staff was very friendly, everything was clean and the prices were reasonable. The food was great! Next time we are in town we will be back....

Reviewed May 22, 2014

As usual, the food here was good. The place is always busy but the servers somehow manage to always provide good service. We've been coming here for 20+ years since the original founder, Rodney Thompson, was working in the kitchen. And, his rock shrimp splitter turned a "junk catch" into a tasty treat. 20 years ago AYCE rock shrimp were $9.95. Nowadays they're $49.95! That's a 500% increase!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

There was four of us for dinner, we had shrimp, blackened Mahi, and grouper which were all very good.
The restaurant was very open and clean, the service was quick and the waitresses are very friendly. We all agreed that we definitely would come here again.