“The Dixie Crossroads: Famous Among Titusville Locals”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Titusville is about 15 miles north of Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach on Florida's cental east coast. As such it is off the tourist beat and it has no Atlantic coastline.
Titusville sits on the Indian River almost directly west of the Kennedy Space Center and the enormous Vehicle Assembly Building.
So...few tourists, few snowbirds and an old Florida feel. Ah...Titusville!
On nearby I-95 there are signs for the world famous "Dixie Crossroads" restaurant.
WOW! Ya gotta go!
The Dixie Crossroads is a local landmark that few touristas know about.
It's primarily a seafood restaurant with a very informal ambiance. Everyone in Titusville, Mims and surrounding Brevard County knows about the Dixie Crossroads and its famous "all you can eat" dinners.
But at the top of the card is the "Dixie Spectacular". Yeah, it's $35.99... but look what you get:
One huge (real) Maine Lobster.
A dozen Rock Shrimp
A quarter POUND of scallops
Two sides (the Cole Slaw is great)
...and for a little extra add a cup of very nice clam chowder.
The Dixie Crossroads has a nice selection of beer & wines along with the usual spirits.
In short: The evening was a great success.
The lady in front of me at the maitre 'd's stand was quoted a 40-minute wait. This is not unusual on any night between 5 and 7pm.
We had a reservation and the wait was two minutes.
So, call ahead. The Dixie Crossroads is very busy.
The crowd of locals is a congenial mix of locals and a few snowbirds who've wintered in the area for a few years... like us.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,224)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Having grown up in NE FL, I know shrimp. The Red Shrimp were among the best I have ever eaten. They were sweet and tender. The batter was just a light dusting and the shrimp were still moist, not over or under cooked. Corn fritters, dusted with powdered sugar and still hot, are served instead of bread - sinful. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. No wonder this place is popular with locals.

1  Thank Birdwalk48
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Not at all familiar with Titusville we were hungry after visiting the National Refuge in Merritt Island. As we were driving down the road my sister spotted this restaurant so we pulled in. We were very pleased with the food and the service. Would eat here again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We ate there last Friday in a party of 4 (two locals, my wife and myself). Yes, the rock shrimp are as good as everyone boasts. But, there is much more to Dixie Crossroads. Two of us ordered the rock shrimp and I need say no more (everyone else has written all that needs to be said). We ordered a cod fish sandwich and an oyster po'boy. Both came with a side. The fish sandwich came with 2 pieces of fish and was cooked with a lite coating (they offered it without coating) and the po'boy came with ample oysters, 3 slices of tomato and lettuce. Cocktail and tarter sauces were included. The fries were crispy on the outside (just the way I like them) and the gumbo chowder was seasoned just right for me (a little bite but not overpowering). The corn fritters which are complimentary are TOOOOOOO GOOD and offered in an endless basket ! I would be remiss not commenting on the server. The waitress served us in a very timely and professional manner.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Truly, the rock shrimp (we had it broiled) is the B.E.S.T. OK, the fritters are good too but don't forget to order the rock shrimp. Looks like baby lobsters, tastes like baby lobsters ... what's not to like? Top that off with helpful waitstaff and it's a great place to eat. Did I mention that we loved the rock shrimp :) :)