“More than Rock Shrimp”
Review of Dixie Crossroads

Dixie Crossroads
Ranked #1 of 138 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We ate there last Friday in a party of 4 (two locals, my wife and myself). Yes, the rock shrimp are as good as everyone boasts. But, there is much more to Dixie Crossroads. Two of us ordered the rock shrimp and I need say no more (everyone else has written all that needs to be said). We ordered a cod fish sandwich and an oyster po'boy. Both came with a side. The fish sandwich came with 2 pieces of fish and was cooked with a lite coating (they offered it without coating) and the po'boy came with ample oysters, 3 slices of tomato and lettuce. Cocktail and tarter sauces were included. The fries were crispy on the outside (just the way I like them) and the gumbo chowder was seasoned just right for me (a little bite but not overpowering). The corn fritters which are complimentary are TOOOOOOO GOOD and offered in an endless basket ! I would be remiss not commenting on the server. The waitress served us in a very timely and professional manner.

There are newer reviews for Dixie Crossroads

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Truly, the rock shrimp (we had it broiled) is the B.E.S.T. OK, the fritters are good too but don't forget to order the rock shrimp. Looks like baby lobsters, tastes like baby lobsters ... what's not to like? Top that off with helpful waitstaff and it's a great place to eat. Did I mention that we loved the rock shrimp :) :)

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were highly impressed by everything at Dixie's. From start to finish the service was excellent and for me the highlight were the gorgeous hush puppies! I could have eaten them till I burst. My ordered the special which was the maine lobster with shrimp, scallops and crab and the judging by the mess he made ensuring he got into every nook and cranny of the lobster and crab, he loved it! I had the bacon wrapped shrimp which were amazingly delicious followed by a burger (I am a burger addict). When my burger arrived the manager came with it apologising for the delay and saying that the burger was on the house. I had not even noticed that I had been waiting and was very impressed by the kind offer and the way that it was all handled. The burger was also so delicious there was no way I could leave even a mouthful. All in all it was a wonderful spot for lunch and I would highly recommend it to anybody dining in the area. Wish I'd left with a doggy bag of hush puppies I was still dreaming of them later that evening!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Staff super nice. Food is good not fantastic. Like the fritters. Employees make this place.i had fish tacos. Fish was great soggy wrap terrible salsa. Broiled shrimp per hubby perfect and gumbo soup was really good.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We actually made two trips to Dixie Crossroads. The food was so good, my husband insisted we go back again. He ordered one of the shrimp dinners and I ordered the crab legs. Both were very good. Only complaint was that I prefer hot butter for crab legs. Server did bring me another butter but prefer it over a lit candle. Server was attentive but place is too busy for perfect service. Definetly a favorite of the area.