“red shrimp forever”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This was our first visit here with friends, but I hope we'll be able to come again, the service was good, despite being very busy. Our server mandi had the biggest smile ever, the food was served promptly & was delicious, I had never had Red Shrimp before, but will look out for it in future it was so succulent. Save room for 'dessert' because they too are too good to miss.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,222)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was our third visit to this restaurant. We arrived at 6 p.m. after having visited the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge nearby that afternoon before heading back to Satellite Beach where we are staying this week. We thought there might be a 10 or 15 minute wait, as there had been last year, but we were seated immediately. I noticed, when we were leaving, that there was a line of people both standing and waiting on benches. Their published ad says they accept reservations but it doesn't look like many people do that. I didn't because I had no idea when we'd arrive there after the wildlife refuge visit.

We love their shrimp, lightly breaded and fried. There are a few varieties from which to choose. We had the red shrimp. You can order a basket, with one side, or a dinner with choice of two sides. Inexpensive house wine is available by the glass, carafe or half carafe. I had a coupon from the Space Coast Fun Guide, a publication available in the info kiosks at many resorts and hotels, for a free "crabby bites" appetizer when ordering two or more adult entrees. I gave that to
our server before we ordered. Diners receive a complimentary plate of fritters sprinkled with powered sugar when they sit down. To me, they looked more like dessert rather than something served as a starter. I ate some before and after my entree.

Service was efficient and friendly. It was another good evening at Dixie Crossroads.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have spent most of my life in Brevard County and ever since its opening and featuring our Rock Shrimp it has been one of my favorite meals! 4 dozen of them broiled with Old Bay. Double salad!
Yummy! Make this spot a must do on your Brevard eateries list.

1  Thank bmsboatbabe
Reviewed March 4, 2014

we live in titusville so dixie crossroads is a major player in the world of long lived restaurants. people know of and come to - from all over the world to, dixie crossroads. the woman who owns the restaurant is terrific. we had a personal incident happen while we were at lunch one day and she personally called the hospital and later our home to see how my sister was doing. she also comped our meal although the restaurant had absolutely nothing to do with the problem. we felt their treatment of our problem was above and beyond, but i feel that the prices are a little high for the average person. i'm also not a big fan of the menu. but the service and food itself is really good.

for the vacationer and one or two time visitor it's a restaurant not to be missed. even if you have to drive and hour and wait on line to be seated another 45 minutes - well just do it , it;s worth the meal.

normandie

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A very nice restaurant and years ago you got your money's worth. Nowadays, it's a bit pricey for what you get. However, the name is well known and people still flock to it.