“Good Eats!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dixie Crossroads

Dixie Crossroads
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Gaylord, Michigan
“Good Eats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

From the outside holding/seating area, you could see that there is often quite a wait but there is an outside covered bar area and we were there on a Wednesday evening. Extra large restaurants usually lack in or quality. Not this one! Waitress, though very busy, took time to explain menu and was helpful and kept checking with us to see all was good. Well, the food wasn't good, it was great. All in our party joined the clean plate club! Broiled rock shrimp did taste like lobster and was served with melted butter. Vegetables with a hint of garlic were deliciously crisp. Sweet potato was great with the cinnamon spread on it. Fried oysters and fried rock shrimp were plentiful and tasty. And all this was enjoyed with the powdered sugar fritters that were yummy and often replenished.
Outside window for take away orders.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cynthia P

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stopped in today for lunch. It was our first visit but it will not be our last. This restaurant was clean and had excellent food. The waitress was very attentive and made us feel welcome. Not too pricey.

Syracuse, New York
“Worth a trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a huge restaurant. It is always quite busy. The clam chowder was excellent. The rock shrimp taste like lobster. I was glad that I tried them but would probably order something else next time.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jill3399
Georgia
“Rock shrimp rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stopped here for lunch on the way to Canaveral Natl Seashore - convient location with lots of parking. Service was super friendly and fast. Very casual decor. Food was fantastic. I had the Rock shrimp with bacon and mushrooms on cheese grits. One of the most delicious things I have ever eaten! Rock shrimp are like little sweet, tender lobster. The dish was huge and I stuffed myself but only managed to finish half of it.

• Visited January 2014
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Didn't live up to the hype, but still good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We visited Dixie Crossroads because we have been locals for awhile and never seemed to get around to try it out. Everyone in the party had shrimp. It tasted great, but nothing worth buying a t shirt over. The atmosphere is classic Titusville, very quaint and relaxing. It is a popular destination for locals and travelers alike. I think my expectations were a bit too high. I didn't expect world class service and fine dining, but I did expect adequate service. The server was nice, but lacked in basic service etiquette, she also didn't seem too fond of kids, because she ignored mine the entire visit. You don't have to love kids, but you do have to at least pretend to care for the sake of your gratuity. I always tip well, 30% or more but I'm not going to tip above my usual 30 if you blatantly ignore my child, even after I ask you not to. I'm not sure if the prices are right either. Local seafood is of course a bit more, but I pity the individual who pays almost $50.00 for all you can eat shrimp. Unless of course you can gorge $50 worth of shrimp. The corn fritters were worth their outstanding reputation!!!! Oh my goodness I would come here just for those little beauties. All in all, the food was good, the service may have been a bad egg, but I wouldn't call it "world famous".