“Just great”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 150 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Fried stuff! Cheap drinks! Quick service! Perfect rock shrimp :)

Honestly it's just a great place for dinner, and easy on the pocket too.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,255)

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming here as long as I can remember. I'm not sure if I am jaded, but it does not seem as good as it once was and I finally figured out why! The crowds can be crazy.

We dropped by early today.... Around 3:45 and it was wonderful. I guess they can get overwhelmed by the multitudes but today it was like it was when I was younger.

To make a long story short come off hours and it is great...come peak hours and it is still good but can be a bit stressful and rushed.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Wait time a little long but nice outdoor waiting area so no to bad. Food was really good, staff very friendly, waiter very attentive but not overly so.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have eaten here occasionally for over 20 years. This time, which I was really looking forward to since it had been at least three years since my last time, has me considering if I want to go back anymore. I believe that the business has been sold and no longer operated by the original owners, which usually creates problems.

The price hike is not the issue, although significant. The shrimp was way over-cooked making the shrimp either mushy or hard. The service was slow. The soup was a step down from the previous offering. About the only thing that remained about the same was the corn fritters = still good.

1  Thank Grady M
Dawna T, Director of Sales at Dixie Crossroads Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Grady,
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns on your visit to Dixie Crossroads. Almost 10 years ago, the restaurant did get sold within the same family that has been operating it for the last 30 years. The daughter, Laurilee, has a new partner and they bought it from her dad.

We take great care to ensure that our guests enjoy their dining experience with us – did you let your server know that you did not like the shrimp or the soup? Did you ask to speak to a manager while you were in the restaurant about the food or your server? We would have gladly made you something different to your liking and addressed the service issue.

We do make all of our soups in house and change them out regularly so it’s very likely that the soup will be different on each visit.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and request that if anything is not up to our standards please give us the opportunity to change that while you are our guest.

The Management and staff of Dixie Crossroads

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Old and worn out and the only real item to go to this restaurant for is the rock shrimp. The steak certainly was not good and the price is the normal seafood prices. I have eaten there a few times in the last 25 years and nothing has improved. If it was not for the rock shrimp we would not bother.