“Delicious and messy”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 151 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We found this after looking for a seafood restaurant after a failed shuttle launch. I had to try the classic, the lobster, crab legs, rock shrimp and scallops for $36. Food was very good, obviously messy. I wasn't crazy about the rock shrimp, probably because of the shells, should have tried the red shrimp. The atmosphere was cute and the waitress was very attentive. The garlic sauce on the scallops was yummy and so was the margarita sauce on the shrimp. Would definitely eat there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,282)

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had seen signs for Dixie Crossroads for years as we drove up and down I-95 but never stopped to eat. A close friend recently recommended it so, after looking for a place to meet out-of-town friends, we met there. What a delightful surprise!! We arrived shortly after they opened on a Sunday for lunch.

The decor is casual and relaxing, clean and attractive. The server (Diana) was welcoming, cordial and attentive. Drinks and powdered sugar sprinkled fritters were served shortly after receiving our menus. (A tasty variation on great fritters, a seafood standard!) It's primarily a seafood place with lots of great options. We went with the highly recommended lump meat Crab Cake dinner. This previous long time favorite was recently re-introduced to the menu after the arrival of a new chef. It was an instant hit and is, once again, a staple of the menu. It was about 90% crab meat with a great flavor(!) and a very tasty side dressing. I chose the Soup of the Day for one side (a superb shrimp bisque) and the glazed carrots. They were both excellent, although one look at a side of cheese grits had me already making a mental note to get that next time. The cheese grits were highly rated by those that had them! Ingredients are fresh and tasty and portions are ample. We had a relaxed lunch with good friends and never felt rushed.

Although a blustery atypical Florida day, we wandered around the fish and turtle pond outside afterwards. It was neat and a bit of a glimpse of an Old Florida rarely seen these days!

After our first outing to Dixie Crossroads, I am sure we will be back. I highly recommend it for people in the area or anywhere close. It's easy to find (2 miles east of I-95 at exit 220) and provides great food and service at reasonable prices!!

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We found Dixie Bc we wanted seafood. The service was outstanding, an added bonus was they had yeungling on tap. Seafood offering were outstanding , but the rock shrimp were the real hit. The corn fritters to start are a Great surprise but don't fill up on them and the seafood platter is the star

Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you are in Titusville, FL do not miss stopping in at Dixie Crossroads. We visit every opportunity we get and we live in PA. On our most recent stop my husband and I ordered the broiled rock shrimp and my mother in law ordered the crab cake. Nothing can describe the food any better than just plain delicious. You also receive a complimentary basket of hot corn fritters dusted with powdered sugar. Out of this world. We have been many times and you will not leave disappointed. If you arrive and it is crowded, do not leave as it will be well worth your wait.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is an old Florida standard and one of the few places that specialize in Rock Shrimp. Long gone are days of "all you can eat rock shrimp" but you can still get regular shrimp that way.
The prices have been climbing for the past several years but it is still worth the trip and price. My wife and I had combo meals that were great (rock shrimp, pink shrimp and scallops). They still have specials all the time and the place is always busy.