“Great red shrimp” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dixie Crossroads

Dixie Crossroads
Ranked #1 of 134 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Colorado Springs
“Great red shrimp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Dixie Crossroads several times, took my sister this time while we were both in FL on family business. I had the broiled royal red shrimp and they were exceptional, very sweet, fresh taste. My sister had the rock shrimp and loved them. Good service, good price.

Florida
“Great Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Saturday night and the restaurant was busy. We had a little bit of a wait as we had not made a reservation but in and seated within 18 minutes.
This is not a fancy restaurant, so casual attire is the accepted mode of dress here. We were seated in one of the back rooms and sorry to say I am not a fan of TV Sports; I like a little ambiance when I am dining out.
That said, The service,food and drinks made up for it all. My date had the Lobster and was so pleased -- Best tasting lobster they ever had--- they ordered another.
Oysters on the half --Great! I ordered the Steak which was cooked to perfection. Our entire meal was quality.

Menu Prices can be $$ depending upon what you order.

The restaurant is kid friendly too.

Cons --- It lacks ambiance, so for me I would take a date someplace a little more romantic.

Orlando, FL.
“What happened here?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

All these great reviews for a venerable old restaurant....went there today with a party of four and we were all so disappointed! We had soups that could have come out of a can.... My shrimp had to be sitting under the lights for an hour and the Royal Reds were cold and soggy..awful! At the Conch Republic in Key West... They are amazing!

The restaurant was not busy so we can eliminate that as an excuse.

Corn fritters were great.... We should have stopped there. My thinking is they are resting on their past.... One day there is going to be a McDonalds here if they don't watch out!

Visited October 2012
Dawna T, Director of Sales at Dixie Crossroads, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Providing each and every guest with a quality experience is something we take great pride in and for which Dixie Crossroads is known. The points you raised are concerning and are so contrary to the wonderful experience our guests typically enjoy.
Did you tell your server or ask to speak to a manager while you were in the restaurant? We can often fix any problems right on the spot when we are made aware.
We assure you our soups did not come out of a can; we make all of our soups in house using the best ingredients we can find. Your comment about “shrimp sitting under lights for an hour” is not possible as every meal is cooked to order. But apparently something was not right with your meal and we’d like to find out what happened so we can avoid any similar situations in the future.
We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Would you please email your phone number and the best time to reach you to Sales@DixieCrossroads.com so one of our managers can call you?
Dixie Crossroads Management Team
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Introduced to Royal Reds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The large helping of sugar-dusted corn fritters and free crab bites (courtesy of a flyer we found locally) were a nice beginning to our meal. But the real highlight was our first encounter with royal red shrimp - juicy, tender and oh so sweet. Subsequently, we have learned that these shrimp are a relative rarity and available only in certain locations nationwide. We only wished we had 2 orders of those versus our order of rock shrimp which were pint-sized and tough compared to those we can get here on the West Coast of FL. So zero in on those royal reads and you won't be sorry with this unique and tasty treat!

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Rock shrimp and key lime pie.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My friend came to visit me while I was recovering after knee surgery. She wanted to drive to this place. I wanted to buy her a birthday meal so I said sure. I'd never heard of or eaten a rock shrimp...
The place doesn't look like much from the outside, several old wooden buildings connected by walks. It is all built over a fish pond.
As soon as you are seated they bring out a basket of hot, fresh corn fritters to munch on. BEWARE! These are addictive.
We ordered the Dixie spectacular to share. Maine lobster, 1 doz. rock shrimp, 1/4# scallops and 1/2 # crab legs. Just broiled...no fancy seasonings.
I am not a lobster fan, but my friend said it was good. The scallops were my favorite; tiny sweet bay scallops. Delicious! The crab was also very good. The rock shrimp? Well 12 wasn't near enough!
They are served split open, in the back of their shell, which is spiny. The meat, while very firm has the sweetest flavor. Maybe a cross between crab and chicken? Fabulous at any rate.
We split a piece of Key lime pie and well...I had to confess to the waitress it was as good as Mom's! I grew up with a tree in the backyard and had the REAL thing. Not the fakey green sweet stuff at most restaurants. REAL Key lime pie had a tartness that has to be tasted, almost a bitter undertone. It is a yellow-tan color because the limes are yellow.
This stuff was divine...we almost fought over it.
I'd make the two hour drive again just for the pie! LOL