“Introduced to Royal Reds”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The large helping of sugar-dusted corn fritters and free crab bites (courtesy of a flyer we found locally) were a nice beginning to our meal. But the real highlight was our first encounter with royal red shrimp - juicy, tender and oh so sweet. Subsequently, we have learned that these shrimp are a relative rarity and available only in certain locations nationwide. We only wished we had 2 orders of those versus our order of rock shrimp which were pint-sized and tough compared to those we can get here on the West Coast of FL. So zero in on those royal reads and you won't be sorry with this unique and tasty treat!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,222)

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My friend came to visit me while I was recovering after knee surgery. She wanted to drive to this place. I wanted to buy her a birthday meal so I said sure. I'd never heard of or eaten a rock shrimp...
The place doesn't look like much from the outside, several old wooden buildings connected by walks. It is all built over a fish pond.
As soon as you are seated they bring out a basket of hot, fresh corn fritters to munch on. BEWARE! These are addictive.
We ordered the Dixie spectacular to share. Maine lobster, 1 doz. rock shrimp, 1/4# scallops and 1/2 # crab legs. Just broiled...no fancy seasonings.
I am not a lobster fan, but my friend said it was good. The scallops were my favorite; tiny sweet bay scallops. Delicious! The crab was also very good. The rock shrimp? Well 12 wasn't near enough!
They are served split open, in the back of their shell, which is spiny. The meat, while very firm has the sweetest flavor. Maybe a cross between crab and chicken? Fabulous at any rate.
We split a piece of Key lime pie and well...I had to confess to the waitress it was as good as Mom's! I grew up with a tree in the backyard and had the REAL thing. Not the fakey green sweet stuff at most restaurants. REAL Key lime pie had a tartness that has to be tasted, almost a bitter undertone. It is a yellow-tan color because the limes are yellow.
This stuff was divine...we almost fought over it.
I'd make the two hour drive again just for the pie! LOL

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dixie Crossroads is a medium size restaurant with home town warmth, great service and the best shrimp I've ever eaten. The homemade hushpuppies dusted in powdered sugar are brought to every table and are worth every calorie. We usually drive up to Titusville once a year just to eat at Dixie Crossroads.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

As long time Dixie Crossroads regulars this was always one of our favorite restaurants, but over time as the prices climbed, that little touches slipped (goodbye ice cream finishes, we loved you pewter soup bowls) we made the trek to Titusville less frequently, and after a few ho-hum meal experiences we missed it less.

This weekend and week Dixie Crossroads is offering their Anniversary Customer Appreciation Celebration with numerous specials. The weird thing is, they advertise one thing in the email they sent out and it's different when you get there, don't you just hate going for the advertised Maine Lobster dinner special with two sides for $15.99 and then discovering it's really $11.99 instead? Such a shame! These are of course thin shelled but deliciously sweet and tasty, served split and cleaned.

They had a number of great specials, everything was good, the fish food machine to toss to the fish in the pond was now free, kids of all ages had a great time, it felt like the old days. Not too busy on the holiday afternoon, no long line, we enjoyed a delicious lunch, left happily with leftovers and didn't even mind the lack of specials on broiled rock shrimp, the delicious specialty of the house.

Hurry on back!

Dawna T, Director of Sales at Dixie Crossroads Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your return visit and thank you, Wally, for such a nice review.
We never want to mislead anyone with our emails so allow us to clarify about the two different prices on the Maine Lobsters. The $11.99 special is during our Guest Appreciation week and times which are Monday, Sept. 2nd through Saturday, Sept. 7th 11am to 4pm. After 4pm then we still have the $15.99 special which is a $4 savings off of our regular menu price.
On Sunday, September 8th our Guest Appreciation special menu will be offered all day.
We hope to see you back again soon.
Dixie Crossroads Management Team

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We took a little ride up I 95 for the 30th anniversary week promotions. Absolutely loved the corn fritters and unlike bcd1960 we were not too embarrassed to ask for a second order! The cole slaw was nice and creamy and the crab bites were so tasty. I ordered lobster which must have just molted because the shell was basically empty. The server, Laura was very sweet about it - within a minute I had another one in front of me which was filled in a little more. Just for the heck of it, I ordered the soup of the day - when Laura listed the ingredients I just couldn't picture all of the different components together but what a delightful and savory flavor.