“Sweetest Shrimp in Florida”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 150 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dixie Crossroads is a medium size restaurant with home town warmth, great service and the best shrimp I've ever eaten. The homemade hushpuppies dusted in powdered sugar are brought to every table and are worth every calorie. We usually drive up to Titusville once a year just to eat at Dixie Crossroads.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,255)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

As long time Dixie Crossroads regulars this was always one of our favorite restaurants, but over time as the prices climbed, that little touches slipped (goodbye ice cream finishes, we loved you pewter soup bowls) we made the trek to Titusville less frequently, and after a few ho-hum meal experiences we missed it less.

This weekend and week Dixie Crossroads is offering their Anniversary Customer Appreciation Celebration with numerous specials. The weird thing is, they advertise one thing in the email they sent out and it's different when you get there, don't you just hate going for the advertised Maine Lobster dinner special with two sides for $15.99 and then discovering it's really $11.99 instead? Such a shame! These are of course thin shelled but deliciously sweet and tasty, served split and cleaned.

They had a number of great specials, everything was good, the fish food machine to toss to the fish in the pond was now free, kids of all ages had a great time, it felt like the old days. Not too busy on the holiday afternoon, no long line, we enjoyed a delicious lunch, left happily with leftovers and didn't even mind the lack of specials on broiled rock shrimp, the delicious specialty of the house.

Hurry on back!

Dawna T, Director of Sales at Dixie Crossroads Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your return visit and thank you, Wally, for such a nice review.
We never want to mislead anyone with our emails so allow us to clarify about the two different prices on the Maine Lobsters. The $11.99 special is during our Guest Appreciation week and times which are Monday, Sept. 2nd through Saturday, Sept. 7th 11am to 4pm. After 4pm then we still have the $15.99 special which is a $4 savings off of our regular menu price.
On Sunday, September 8th our Guest Appreciation special menu will be offered all day.
We hope to see you back again soon.
Dixie Crossroads Management Team

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We took a little ride up I 95 for the 30th anniversary week promotions. Absolutely loved the corn fritters and unlike bcd1960 we were not too embarrassed to ask for a second order! The cole slaw was nice and creamy and the crab bites were so tasty. I ordered lobster which must have just molted because the shell was basically empty. The server, Laura was very sweet about it - within a minute I had another one in front of me which was filled in a little more. Just for the heck of it, I ordered the soup of the day - when Laura listed the ingredients I just couldn't picture all of the different components together but what a delightful and savory flavor.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Enjoyed the restaurant's fishpond and unique decorations. The powder sugared corn hushpuppies were a nice treat. Had the Maine lobster dinner special .... just ok. Not sure if the baked potato was a unique variety or if the brown color was because it was in a holding bin way too long - in any event it tasted alright. Server was good and attentive. Was a fun trip for us tourists. :)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We try to stop here whenever we're in the area and stopped by yesterday afternoon. The walk from the front parking lot past the fish ponds was quite unpleasant There was a stinky smell, perhaps from algae growth on the ponds, although I didn't see any. I tried to hold my breath walking into the restaurant, which has not happened before. We were seated right away by a cheerful hostess and were greeted promptly by an attentive waitress. We got our drinks and delicious corn fritters right away as we decided on our meals. My husband ordered medium grilled shrimp with Old Bay seasoning, clam chowder, and french fries. He liked it all, especially the clam chowder. I've enjoyed rock shrimp before, so I ordered a basket of a dozen grilled rock shrimp with delicious key west seasoning. But they were so much smaller than I remember them. While they were very tasty, each one was only about as big as my thumbnail. I wonder if the size of basket shrimp is different from a dinner sized portion, as this is the first time I've ordered a basket. I didn't want two sides, so I ordered the basket which comes with one side, so I'm hoping that the size of the shrimp was unusual. But perhaps my memory isn't what it used to be.