“Very good seafood and the shrimp is fantastic”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 151 Restaurants in Titusville
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very good seafood especially shrimp which is fresh caught. You have at least 4 types of shrimp (rock shrimp is my favorite) and they are prepared in many different ways. There is a menu for the landlubbers who do not like sea food. This restaurant is usually crowded because many tour buses stop here. It is quaint and has an ocean based theme. We will go there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,279)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Dixie Crossroads is a one of a kind place from the moment you get there. The place is always packed but the lovely veranda is pleasantly entertaining for kids and parents alike so you wont be bored while waiting. You can see the turtles in the pond that surrounds the restaurant and even feed the huge fish! Once you get inside the atmosphere will blow your mind. Everything is colorful and nautical, it feels like a nice restaurant on a cruise ship. The murals are fantastic and booths are very comfy and always clean! To start your meal complimentary hush puppies (with a unique tasty twist) are served. The tea is fresh brewed and delicious,and everything on the menu is equally tasty! Portions are generous and the seafood selections are to die for. You can pretty much get any type of seafood prepared anyway you want. I love the scallops and oysters. The clams, lobster and wide varieties of fish and shrimp are always a huge hit! If you love seafood and want to have a good time, take your friends, family or date, and hit the road for Dixie Crossroads! I promise you"ll come back for more.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I go for the Rock Shrimp! Another longtime favorite place for family get togethers, I happen live near by now but as a child I remember eating here with my folks. Impartial, yes my husband is part of the mural on the wall outside when you see the plane with skydiver he's the tandem guy, I remember the day the artist came by the dropzone and requested picture to go by, so that's how he ended up there. Skydivers do just jump just down the road and have for 30 years! Exactly how I ended up in this town to work at that dropzone. The food though reminds me of Charlestons, SC famous Trawler in the good ole days on shem creek It's that fresh. It's high volume favorites, fried, broiled, steamed, baked, and blackened great catch of the day. I recently tried their shrimp and grits, as I am an expert there..and it's needs some cream more butter slow and low ladies..so just not quite there but do try. Those hushpuppies are fritters, not quite the same, but are good for the kiddies. You'll get coloring books, and feed the mullets & turtles in the poind outside! The owners originated the Birding festival here in Titusville and we are so thankful for that!

I don't do the fried, I do the broiled or blackened on all my selections! If you overeat you will get a tummy ache! Relax and enjoy fresh good seafood!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went on an airboat ride in the area and a friend of my dad's said this place was great - he wasn't lying! The prices were very reasonable and the servings were more than enough. I got salmon and it was some of the best salmon i've ever had. Also, they bring out complimentary hushpuppies that have powdered sugar on them. We thought that was kind of weird and I was hesitant to try it but i'm glad I did! They were delicious and tasted similar to a funnel cake...yum! Overall, we loved it here! All of us enjoyed our meal and will definitely come back when we visit the area this year.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you like quick sea food that is not fresh from market this is the place to go. after eating there had stomach problems.