“One Might Call This the Disney World of Seafood Restaurants.”

Dixie Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Titusville
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Description: Dixie Crossroads has been serving great tasting seafood, char-grilled steaks, prime rib, chicken, fresh salads and their famous corn fritters since 1983. The menu features the very best local shrimp and fish from Port Canaveral and ranges from low cost sandwiches and baskets to high end seafood combos. Themed rooms and an air conditioned gazebo with a bar can accommodate groups of all sizes. Kids (and adults) enjoy feeding the fish and turtles in the outside pond.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our first week of the three month rental in Titusville and our landlord suggests Dixie Crossroads once we mention that we don't frequent chain restaurants, and we love seafood. He say's try the shrimp. Our waitress describes a spicy shrimp appetizer that has our name written all over it. So we give it a try. Twelve lovely morsels barely breaded and laced with a sauce that gives you the nicest after burn. YUM! For our meal we split their fish taco plate. They let you split your order so we had one grilled shrimp taco and one blacked mahi mahi taco. The taco shell is nicely grilled. The fish and shrimp are perfectly cooked. Both were terrific and came with sauces on the side. One was a cocktail sauce. The other sauce was a spicy mayo based sauce that seemed to have a hint of ancho chiles. Lunch comes with hot from the oven fritters that are sprinkled with powdered sugar. Quite frankly we don't understand starting the meal with a sugar high, so we took them home and will eat them for breakfast. All in all our meal was terrific. The wait staff are super friendly, and very accommodating. We saw several people make special requests, and all were given a thumbs up. This place is one you should try if you are traveling through or staying in Titusville.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,224)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation in the area over the holidays. The food was excellent, and I had the best shrimp ever (Royal Red). My husband enjoyed his rock shrimp, too.

There were lots of large parties, and families, not really a fine dining/cocktail type place. The bar was tucked away way in the back with no seating, but the food more than made up for everything!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Spent the day at Merritt Island and decided to stop here on our way back to Orlando. The husband had eaten here years ago and had fond memories of the Rock Shrimp.

We were greeted and seated very quickly. Our server was prompt and friendly. Having had no previous experience with Rock Shrimp I can not say if they are smaller now like previous reviewer. I know that my husband, a large man, seemed to enjoy them and have no issues with their size.

We both ordered chowder and salads. The chowder was delightful. I did not care for the sugared hush puppies personally. But man, they give you a TON of them.

Salads were basic. Nothing fancy.

I ordered the mahi mahi tacos. They were good. Very simple. Not a ton of meet on them and as a matter of fact, I had to break up the fish to get it dispersed throughout the taco. However, They were only 6.99 so I guess I can not complain.

Overall, everything was good and service was good. Would I go out of my way to return? Probably not. Dont get me wrong. There was nothing really wrong. Everything was good, just not great. I am sure there is much better local seafood around, still, it was a fun trip and the kids loved feeding the fish outside.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Server was the only thing positive. Coffee was cold, rock shrimp, got 4 dozen and 1 dozen should have been called midget shrimp (really small). Discussed with person who said she was a manager, but with an attitude like hers, I'm not sure she was one. Finally comped the small ones. Server was new, but tried to help. Will not return in the near future. Over priced for what you get. Very very disappointed.

1  Thank Kenneth T
Dawna T, Director of Sales at Dixie Crossroads Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Hello Kenneth,
It is disturbing to hear of your recent experience at Dixie Crossroads and please know we do listen to our customers.

While Rock Shrimp do often vary in size when they come from the boats we try to maintain a similar size in our dishes to our guests. It sounds like we may have missed on some sizing in your case. Cold coffee is not acceptable in our standards.

We would like to know more details to fully understand what happened so we can avoid similar situations in the future.

Would you please email me directly at Sales@DixieCrossroads.com so I can learn more of what happened.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The family and I took my visiting in-laws to the Dixie crossroads this weekend for a wonderful seafood meal. Their "critters" appetizer are unique and good, and I also ordered a sampler appetizer of their spicy shrimp and it was like nothing we ever had before, simply great. The rock shrimp here is a must order, especially when they are in season and served fresh from their local menu. Also, the royal red shrimp is local and different than I've ever had. They also serve Maine lobster for a very reasonable price. The menu has many combinations to pick from, you will certainly find something for everyone. The kids enjoy feeding the fish outside before our meal. If you are in the area, I highly recommend this place for people with almost any situation, couples, families, etc.