“Great decor”

El Leoncito Mexican and Cuban Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
FLA
“Great decor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Chili Verde was great. Get a table by the window. Looks over US One but also the Indian River. Chile Verde is delicious.

Visited August 2012

Pass Christian, Mississippi
“Not Cuban”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I only ordered a Cuban sandwich and drink. It was on soggy soft bread and made with mozzarella cheese. Stringy and terrible. The ham was sliced about 3/8 inch thick. Never should they call that a Cuban sandwich.

Visited August 2012
chaparral32780, Manager at El Leoncito Mexican and Cuban Restaurant, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We appreciate you coming in and wanted to let everyone know we take a lot of pride in our effort to get the best ingredients. Our Cuban bread delivered from miami multiple times a week, only use swiss cheese, roast our own pork and our hame the highest quality available to us.
Titusville, Florida, United States
“What happened to the old El Leoncito?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I had been out of the area for a couple of years, and recently decided to stop in for a margarita and some chips and con queso. After waiting at the bar for over 5 minutes, a young man popped in from the back and asked if we wanted something to drink and wanted menus. Placed our drink order, and waited another four or five minutes before a young lady showed up behind the bar to tell us that they were out of the tequila for the margaritas we ordered and suggested a different brand, which was fine, but our drinks were servied with next to no ice with them. We got a basked of stale chips and salsa then both the young lady and young man disappeared. Another 10 minutes goes by, and they both show back up and ask if we were ready to order. We ordered the con queso, which came out very quickly, but resembled something like Velvetta with a couple of tomatoes in it. That was the last time we saw anyone for at least 15 minutes, when a completely different server walked into the bar area, and we expressed our dissatisfaction with the service compared to when we used to come to the restaurant, and asked if we could get some ice for our drinks and more chips. He brought the ice and chips, and we asked for the bill (since we had no idea how long it would be before we saw someone else again). He brought the check, apologized again and said "since you have been here before, I'm sure you know the way out." We signed the bill (and no, I did NOT leave a tip), and when we headed to the front door, every server they had were gathered at the frong register just 'hanging out'. I don't know what happened to the El Leoncito I used to know, but my husband and I have no interest in going back there.

• Visited August 2012
chaparral32780, Manager at El Leoncito Mexican and Cuban Restaurant, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I am sorry to hear the problems you had at the bar. I always value service as a top priority in our restaurant and have spoken to the staff regarding your experience. I hope to see you in the future.

Gracias,

Michael
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice place to stop.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

After a drive from Orlando. This a great Place to eat and drink. Both the Mexican and Cuban food were good. So were the drinks.

Unites States
“Good mexican food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is not the best mexican food I have ever had, or the best cuban, it's simply average. However, it is definitely a good place to stop by if you are near titusville where there are not that many choices to being with. Their margaritas and pina coladas are delicious but are very strong so be careful! prices are good, the amount of food they give you is even better as you will definitely have left overs. I absolutely love their taquitos and get them every time we visit. Service has always been excellent so no complaints about that at all.

• Visited June 2012