“Very pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Asian
Titusville, Florida
“Very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We visited recently having driven past many times; it's rather innocuous and doesn't come across as a place you'd assume had good sushi. We were, however, very pleasantly surprised with the food. We had the sushi lunch plate, sushi dinner plate, and General Tso's chicken. The sushi was very good and included a generous number of pieces (I believe it was 10 for the lunch plate and 18 for the dinner plate). We eat a good amount of sushi as we travel and this was better than many. My wife thought the General Tso's was a bit sweet for her tastes. I tried it and found it quite good; a slightly crunchy exterior, tender interior; on the sweet side, but not excessively so. Overall, the food was very good.
As was noted by other reviewers, this was formerly a Burger King, so you could imagine that the atmosphere is not upscale. They did a reasonably good job of converting it over, but this is not an elegant dinner spot. Go there for some good sushi and Chinese. Don't keep driving by without noticing it as I did for so long.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ExcellenceSought

Busan, South Korea
“Nice food for a nice price”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Finally got around to trying out David's when some friends invited us. I had the dragon roll and my wife had the chicken and vegetable stir fry. Both were very tasty and the portions were good. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere even though it was made from an old Burger King. The prices were good and the menu had lots of variety with an emphasis on Asian food. I will definitely go back.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank JoeR11
Port Saint John, Florida
“Old fried rice”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Worst fried rice ever! Tasted old and a little off. No egg, vegetables, or anything that should be in fried rice.

Visited April 2012
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Had friendly and frequent service. Ordered the kimchi soup, spicy conch hand roll and Singapore Mai fun so as to get a broad sampling, and all were fantastic. Atmosphere was less than impressive, but really didn't end up caring. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Beigecork
Murphy, Texas
“Great food - don't be fooled by the outside”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

When I saw David's along the road, I was a little suspicious because it's in a building that looks like that of an old fast food restaurant. But as soon as I walked in, what a difference! Great food, nice staff, and casual dining surroundings. They have an good-sized menu of Asian food (with a small side menu of burgers - in case someone in your group doesn't like Asian food). Their menu has different sushi rolls, and Chinese and Thai dishes. I ordered the steamed dumplings and spicy salmon roll and they were delicious! The steamed dumplings were thinly-wrapped with tasty filling and the ginger tasted fresh. The food were priced well. I was just visiting this area, but if I lived here, I'd probably stop here at least once a week.

• Visited January 2012