“Excellent”
Review of David's Restaurant - CLOSED

David's Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Had friendly and frequent service. Ordered the kimchi soup, spicy conch hand roll and Singapore Mai fun so as to get a broad sampling, and all were fantastic. Atmosphere was less than impressive, but really didn't end up caring. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Beigecork

Reviewed February 1, 2012

When I saw David's along the road, I was a little suspicious because it's in a building that looks like that of an old fast food restaurant. But as soon as I walked in, what a difference! Great food, nice staff, and casual dining surroundings. They have an good-sized menu of Asian food (with a small side menu of burgers - in case someone in your group doesn't like Asian food). Their menu has different sushi rolls, and Chinese and Thai dishes. I ordered the steamed dumplings and spicy salmon roll and they were delicious! The steamed dumplings were thinly-wrapped with tasty filling and the ginger tasted fresh. The food were priced well. I was just visiting this area, but if I lived here, I'd probably stop here at least once a week.

5  Thank PhotoTripper_10
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I eat at David's fairly often and have always enjoyed our meals and the friendly service. David's prepares my all time favorite sushi -'Shrek and Fiona'. This is a great choice for consistently good food at a reasonable price.

3  Thank ChezBets
Reviewed July 5, 2011

There are Chinese, Japanese, Thai & American choices on the menu. Prices range from a selection of $4.95 lunch specials to some quite expensive items (such as sushi). Everything I had was TOP NOTCH in flavor and freshness, including the best hot & sour soup I've tasted. The "krab" rangoon was extraordinarily flavorful too. Hate to be redundant, but ditto for the spicy chicken (from the lunch specials; those dishes are served w/ a spring roll, choice of soup).
I went into "Davids" - how many people never went there because of the uninspired name? - because when coming into town I was too tired to be picky and look around for a better place to eat. I was going for a quickie and when served, was very suprised at how superior the cooking was. Everything was so well seasoned and tasted so much better than the same dish(es) prepared elsewhere, it made me wonder why other restaurants aren't preparing food like this. Someone here is really on the ball.
Titusville is a tourist town and the people lunching around me were locals; that speaks to quality and consistency. Around me were police officers, business people and some older couples.
The owner/operators are very friendly. They are an Asian family and I was served on different occasions by grandma, mom and a high school aged daughter (saw a younger daughter, Grandpa, and Dad is in the kitchen). They were all very cheerful and welcoming people and were chatty and pleasant when approached, but didn't pester me at my table.

The food here is so good, I ate here twice in three days and when I drove out of town on my way back home, I stopped and got take-out for supper that night. Even cold and hours old I knew that it would be far superior to anything I would come across on the road.

5  Thank Weewah