“Some good, some bad”

Crackerjacks Seafood and Tiki Bar
Ranked #25 of 134 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarnia, Canada
“Some good, some bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Went here on visit with my parents who highly recommend the place. Nice location on the water and a cool tiki bar outside. They have a $3.00 margarita special so I tried it and it was one of the better margaritas I've had. The food was standard bar style food, with a good mix of seafood on it, but what was really bad was the cleanliness. My menu had a huge sticky spill on the back of it and one of the empty dinner plates that came out had old food stuck to it too. Not much of an apology from our server on either item, just an uneasy laugh. If I get back down there again I'd try it again to see if that's how it really is or we caught them on a bad day.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Commander1812

Louisville, KY
“Good food, nice service but easy to miss if you aren't looking for it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was traveling with my brother and parents on our way to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, but we wanted to get some lunch in Titusville beforehand. All of the places we saw along US 1 up to the road to Merritt Island were either closed or fast food. My brother spotted Crackerjacks from a nearby park (he noted the packed parking lot) so we drove over to this spot nestled under a causeway. The restaurant sign was a VW van parked along the side of the access road...well painted but a non-local would miss it if they weren't looking for it.
The restaurant has an outdoor bar and an indoor dining area. The bar was packed with people but the dining area wasn't crowded at the time (Sunday 6 April at 3:30 pm).
The lunch prices were reasonable and the portion sizes were larger than I expected.
My brother ordered an appetizer sampler which included cocount shrimp, conch fritters, garlic cheese bread and some sort of sausage balls. The conch fritters were okay (my brother liked them so it may be a matter of taste) but my dad and brother thought the coconut shrimp were some of the best they had ever eaten.
I ordered bay scallops and they filled half of an oval platter (my side was tasty, fresh sugar snap peas). My mom also got the scallops and we both liked them. My dad purchased sea bass but was somewhat disappointed. My brother, however, enjoyed the fish tacos he purchased.

If I were back in the area and was hungry I would go back to Crackerjacks.

• Visited April 2014
Titusville
“Yummo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food and great view. Good service and outdoor bar. There is a pier to take a walk on or sit and have a drink and watch the birds and boats go by.

• Visited August 2013
Titusville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,303 helpful votes
“Good food, nice service and great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a nice place to relax and enjoy a meal on the water. The staff is well trained, very friendly and the fish is fresh daily. The Tiki Bar, at the entrance, is usually filled with locals while the inside dining room offers views from most windows. The Mahi Mahi was cooked just right and my wife's salad was large and fresh. The wines were good and not too expensive. The wait staff make the place special as they seem to be having a good time as well as being well organized. The food was better than average, but the view is the main reason why we shall return. Good parking.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank James H
SE PA
“Glad we found it but not sure we'd go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

A local we met at the national seashore told us about it. If he hadn't, we'd have never known about it or found it. As it was, we missed the turn and had to ask someone in the post office parking lot how to get to it. Great view and because of the location, we were able to walk about and talk to the weathered nighttime fisherman gathering shrimp from under the bridge. Interesting to watch and talk to a couple of them. Big bar scene starting as we arrived & was in full swing when we left. We had a window seat before dark. Our hostess/waitress was initially a bit surly, eased up later, but never really warmed as a person. My manhatten was large and the price was great. He shouldn't have been swayed by the $3 margarita but should have had his usual scotch. His fish tacos were wonderful. My steak salad arrived without the blue cheese crumbles as described. When I asked, waitress returned from the kitchen to say that the chef said they were all out of it. Well, shouldn't they have told me BEFORE so that I could have had the option of changing my order? When I pointed that out, the waitress asked if she should bring me something else. No, I am halfway thru this and my husband would be finished long before me if I started over with something else. Well, what do you want me to do?, she asked. So I said give my husband a piece of key lime pie. And she did. By all rights, the salad should have been gratis. Really, I am not hard to deal with, and having waitressed in my youth, I know how things should go. If you are out of something, don't just serve the dish without it - tell the person before you deliver it. So, the bottom line is that we are glad we were there, but are not sure we'd make it a point to go back a second time if we were in the area.

• Visited February 2014