“Fish never should have been served”

Crackerjacks Seafood and Tiki Bar
Ranked #17 of 141 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ordered swordfish and shrimp kabobs. Both had been spoiled and never should have been sent out of the kitchen. Soaking it in some kind of bleach solution showed that the cook knew it was rotten, and may have kept us from getting sick, but didn't keep it from tasting and smelling awful. Board of Health?

6  Thank Barbara J

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Ate here last year and wasn't this impressed but WOW! what an improvement. Had dinner with hubby and his parents and really enjoyed ourselves. Restaurant is small and open so not at all intimate with no room or table dividers but waterfront river view makes up for it. Coconut shrimp with raspberry dipping sauce was great. I had shrimp and swordfish skewers with grilled veggies and the swordfish was the best I've ever had. Huge serving of mashed potatoes was overly generous but tasty. Presentation of all meals was five-star level and service was excellent; sincerely friendly and attentive but not overbearing. Since it's open floorplan small kids wouldn't be comfortable here, but adults, especially seniors, will love this place. Dad is a drink critic but he really enjoyed his martini. Full bar outside is nice and a walk on the pier after dinner is a must.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Made to trips here since new to the area. Love the location, outside Tiki bar. Went once in our bathing suit coverups and fit right in. Alittle outside music by a local artist during Happy Hour. The salads are HUGE and tasty. Boneless hotwings were REAL chicken meat...not processed and very good in portion and taste.

Our other meal was sit-down inside and the special of the night was fried fish dinner which my husband said was very good, our friends had crab legs which they raved about. I had the ribeye. It was adequate but nothing special. Cooked perfectly. The mixed veggies were underdone and not particularly seasoned well.

Full service bar, great view and decent food? We will be back. PS. Our friends RAVED about the meatloaf..will try this soon. They have a gold mine here IF they can produce consistently-good food!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Been curious about this restaurant so took some friends there. The location is superb but the food was a disappointment. My fish tacos were slimy and coated with a seasoned salt that, I guess, was meant to be the "blackened" I requested. Worst fish tacos I've ever had. This restaurant needs to either get a qualified chef/cook or just stick to the tiki bar theme.

3  Thank LAWoman001
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I rate Crackerjacks excellent, but is the food the very best, no, but for Titusville it is !! When doing a review, I believe that you have to compare where you are, what else is available at other local restaurants and the location, which has to be the very best in Titusville !!! We live in Titusville and have a summer home on a Carolina lake, so we get to travel often and love great food at great restaurants, but I always enjoy coming back to Titusville and eating at Crackerjacks. The restaurant is located under the new bridge and has 2 fishing piers next to it. You are sitting on the water and have access to some of the best sunsets in Florida with it's wide water view. I always start out with their special $4 margarita, which for the price, are very good and our place is within walking distance, so we can order and enjoy. I must admit that I am addicted to their 5 pepper tuna filet and in fact, one week I ordered it 6 nights out of 7. Rare 5 pepper tuna filet, steamed vegetables that were soaked in a sugar water the day before and then their rice & peas is a great dinner, in or out of Titusville!!! The wait staff is awesome and there is a great outside bar to enjoy, before or after dinner. So, if you are in Titusville, give yourself a well deserved break, enjoy Crackerjacks, walk both piers, for not only a great view, but with great people enjoying what old Florida is all about.