“Waitress inattentive, shrimp overcooked”

Crackerjacks Seafood and Tiki Bar
Ranked #21 of 137 Restaurants in Titusville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Busan, South Korea
“Waitress inattentive, shrimp overcooked”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'm writing this review for the benefit of the owner/manager and hope to do it as gently as possible. First the outside - walk around the restaurant focusing on the odors. It's kind of expected in the 'back' where the grease and garbage are but I smelled that same odor at the front door going in. A pressure washer could fix that. Next, the place is noisy. Not sure if anything can be done about that but thought I'd mention it.
We had server #31. She was not very attentive to us. I hope that she was new at it. She was friendly enough, waitressing just didn't seem like a good career fit for her. When she finally got around to taking our order, I ordered the broiled seafood platter and my wife got the salad with the mahi on top. My platter was well presented and the fish and vegetables and rice were very good. The scallops were pea size and slightly overcooked and the shrimp were very overcooked or not fresh or both. My wife's salad came with no dressing on it or on the side and the waitress failed to appear to ask if everything was alright until we were almost finished. The mahi on the salad had a nice flavor but was a little dry. We had to ask the waitress what the yellow chunks were on either end of the salad. They were frozen mango. Would have been best just to leave it off if you can't get fresh.
I would not go back unless friends/family dragged me there. Being a Titusville native, I very much want this restaurant to succeed and hope my review is helpful to that end.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank JoeR11

Florida
“I keep trying...”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have given this restaurant at least three tries since they opened. All three times the services has been lacking and the food is really disappointing. My most recent visit I asked the waitress what fish was on the grilled fish sandwich and she told us grouper...it was sadly a thin tiny piece of tilapia in between a huge plain bun with a piece of lettuce and tomato. Presentation was horrible. If you're looking for a place for nice live music, an incredible view and good drinks this is the place...but I highly recommend going someplace else for food.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Liz321
Fernandina Beach Fl
“Pleasently surprized”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

A group of former collegues decided on having a lunch reunion here as it was a relatively convenient distance from our respective homes. I really didn't expect much as Tiki Bars are well Tiki.First the location and views were great. We sat inside and the service was very friendly and efficient. The drinks were good sized and well made. The food was excellent; fresh seafood etc. We spent several hours of very pleasent conversation all the while being treated like regulars.I would not hessitate to return

• Visited March 2012
Orlando, Florida
“The good, bad and the ugly”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

In an effort to be positive I'll start with the good........actually the very good, even excellent. Without question it's the most scenic place in Titusville to sit and have a drink. The outdoor tiki bar gives you a panoramic view of the Indian River and on a clear day, a fantastic view of the vehicle assembly building at the Kennedy Space Center. From this point the review goes downhill. With the exception of a few things on the mFenu, the food is average at best. Their beer slection is simply a joke. When I was there last night (6/22/12), the only way the service could have been worse would have been no service at all. Actually no service would have been better because the servers were rude and surly as if they were doing us a favor. This was not my first visit. In fact I've been many times. I think because of their location, their popularity has grown. As is the case with many popular places, as business starts to increase, quality starts to decrease and eventually business starts to decrease, leaving the owners scratching their heads and wondering why. With their location they could easily be one of a handful of 'go to' places in Brevard County. If they aren't careful, they will wake up and find they are just yesterday's news.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Richard M
Bristol
“What a great place !!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Fantastic location - first time we have visited but 100% it will not be the last
Great Tiki Bar with great sun cover if you need it
They handle big groups with ease and no fuss and the barman is really good and doesnt seem to get flustered even when on his own and under pressure
Very good food which makes a change for a place with this kind of fantastic location

Go there - enjoy the food, drinks and the views over the river

• Visited May 2012