“Affordable gourmet food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Affordable gourmet food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just ate last night at Chef Larry's and was exceptionally impressed; especially when considering the unbelievable prices. First thing, you must bring cash and they serve no alcohol. Notwithstanding, they allow you to bring your own wine or beer. Frankly, I am an frequent diner to top restaurants throughout the world. The rating above represents the cost and location of the meal. For Titusville and in the price range it deserves an EXCELLENT. Moreover, the service staff is well train and very efficient without being intrusive. Furthermore, the food is of high standard. For example, my prime rib, although a little fatty, was delicious and extremely well-priced at $12, which includes a wonderfully homemade soup and a petite salad with divine homemade dressing. Additionally, the $4 crab appetitize was but a mere bit but nonetheless great and the $4 desert was very good. How Chef Larry does it for the price is a great mystery.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Blueangel1961

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Mediocre, at best”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Just went there with another couple and had the Thanksgiving dinner which had been written up in the local paper. I read these other reviews and felt that we must have gone to the wrong Chef Larry's or something! The cranberry sauce was plopped on the table with no spoon to use with it and we finally asked if it was for the 4 tiny little bread balls that were placed on the table shortly after that. No bread plates, no utensil for 4 people....just a little bowl and a small plate with 4 little bland, lukewarm "rolls". Next came the apple butternut squash soup which came to the table barely lukewarm. Might have been tasty if hot, but we will never know. Who puts soup in a bowl that clearly came out of the fridge? Server had to be reminded twice to refill our friend's coffee cup. The tiny dab of green salad was good, though. Entree was mediocre. One ice cream scoop of "mashed" sweet potatoes which were stringy and cold, one ice cream scoop of stuffing which was just okay, one ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes that were just so-so, vegetable medley of green beans, corn and carrots that I didn't even bother to try since a few of the beans had a left-over look while the other two beans looked fresh. The turkey was so-so but I had to pick out tendons out of mine and the beef brisket was absolutely full of globs of fat!! My friend got ham and while one chunk looked like real ham, the other piece looked like processed ham steak. To top it off............they never tell you until the end that they do not accept credit cards. Cash only!! Luckily, between the two couples, we came up with enough cash.............we always use credit cards. We saw others scrambling for cash. Seriously?!? Tell people this when they make the reservation, okay? Needless to say, we will not return. I suggest the guy just drop the "Chef" part of the name and call it what it is.............."Larry's DIner"!! We all decided our Thanksgiving dinner together turned into an "adventure", came home and opened a bottle of wine ( they don't serve wine there) and laughed about the whole thing...........but none of us will ever go back there!!

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank CKB05
“Best. Burger. Ever.”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I am a sucker for a big, juicy, homemade burger. Which is extremely hard to find unless I'm actually making it at home. Then I discovered this place.. I work just blocks away so I eat here too often! I've never tried anything else because I don't want to miss an opportunity for my favorite burger in the world! My coworkers rave about the southwest chicken and just about everything else on the menu though. Make sure you go with cash (you only need $5 for lunch) and your appetite. This burger is somethin serious!

4 Thank JKfromFlorida
Fort Knox
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

FABULOUS! what a wonderful surprise in Titusville - a town NOT known for culinary greatness. The dinner menu (only served on Friday and Saturday) is chef's choice (Larry posts the menu on Thursday) and offers four distinctly different entrees and two soups (entrees INCLUDE soup AND salad). Made reservations for a Saturday night, and my party of 5 was delighted! Everything was delicious: the $4 crabcake appetizer was perfect - plenty of crab, with just the right amount of a terrific sauce, garlic tomato soup had a nice "kick", light mixed green salad and a wonderful (huge) slice of perfect RARE (just as I ordered) prime rib with garlic mashed potatoes. That's a lot of food for $16, and at $12 the prime rib was the most expensive entree! WOW! Desserts selections were varied, interesting and delicious! They permit you to BYOB (beer or wine) and provide corkage and glasses. Anthony the waiter was MOST accommodating. A quaint and charming venue with wonderful food, great ambiance and unbelievable value. GO!!!!!! Can't wait to go back to try a weekday lunch too.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Jean C
Titusville, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place for Adults to eat”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been to Chef Larry's may times since I found it about a year ago and have yet to find anything to complain about. The food is always fresh, tasty and awesome.
The service is always courteous and prompt.
Larry has a way of bringing a gourmet treat to my taste buds again and again.
I used to select from his main menu but now, I always try his specials, which so far have all been great. He always serves up the main course with two sides and a salad, garnishing with fresh fruit. It is always a treat.
Thanks So much Chef Larry for bringing a bit of class to the dining choices in Titusville.
Not really a place for kids the menu does not include things that seem to appeal to them.

• Visited October 2012