“Breathtaking sky-diving!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 13 Tours in Titusville
Type: Skydiving, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Space Center is the ultimate destination for Central Florida Skydiving. We have the fastest planes, the most incredible view, and the highest tandem jumps in the world at 18,000 feet!
South Amherst, Ohio, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Breathtaking sky-diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is one of the highest sky-diving experiences available. The instructors are very gracious and supportive. The flight up is quick and exhilarating! You can even get a video of the whole experience for an extra fee.

Visited February 2012

Tallahassee, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This is a scam”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The first time I ever went skydiving I came here. It was grossly overpriced, but I didn't care and still had a great time. The second time I went was a little different. I wanted to do the AFF course, and was required to pay up front. It was around $14,000 for the 7 jumps. Unfortunately I only got to use one of those jumps. Four more times I drove an hour to get to the skydive place only to be turned away due to weather, or to be canceled on last minute over the phone on my way there. The final straw was when they had me sit there for 6 hours promising that I would get to jump, only to watch them give people coming in hours after me priority. They claimed the issue was the weather, however all the first time jumpers got to skydive in the "terrible" conditions.
The jump masters were very courteous and and told me what was going on, because they had "seen it before." The manifest gives priority to the first time jumpers who are willing to pay $300 per jump whereas anyone with experience is forced to the back of the bus. Then they play dumb and act like this is all a simple missunderstanding, or they might act like complete b1tc3z and blame it on the jumpmasters, the pilotes, or even you.
Skydive Space Center is a lying and cheating company, and I am not the only one to experience this. If you read some of the other poor reviews on this page you will see that this is a common occurance. Stay far away from them.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Coleman S
Melbourne, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Highly" recommend it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great people working there with excellent experience. This was my first time and I want to go back. Great experience.

Brighton, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“18000 feet of pure fun :D”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have to fully agree with Craig C here and fully disagree with Joanne and Davi. I also feel that they are stretching the truth a little. Nobody takes a full payment on the day when they are still not sure that you can dive, how ridiculous! As for consent forms I fully understood that these meant that I do this totally at my own risk - come on what did you expect guys, a little clause at the bottom saying that you can sue and ruin upwards of ten lives in a lawsuit just 'cos you wanted to jump out of a fully working plane. You wanna jump, your risk.
My partner and I got hooked on skydiving in Vegas earlier in the year and this was our second tandem before looking at training for our license. I told JR this while we were suiting up and he straight away said that we could do some more advanced stuff. I got to turn us in 360 degrees and we got a few flips while freefalling.
All in all, the guys were great, funny, extremely safe, not at all pushy about video sales which we initially refused. They do take the video and show it to you at the end of the jump though in the hope that you will want to keep. I found that fair enough, pleasant upsell rather than pressure as some have mentioned.
I suppose the weather made the difference but we called on the Sunday and jumped on the Monday.
I can heartily recommend this for any first timer or otherwise. If there was any heed to be taken from the neg reviews I would say that you might want to book and go at the beginning of a holiday so that you have the chance to go back if the weather is not perfect,
Happy jumping.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Scotster_1
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Seen a few bad reviews here so figured I'd be honest as well. Lets call a spade a spade, you can die doing this, it's in all the consent forms you sign. There's serious danger involved, which is why these guys don't take any chances whatsoever. If any one of the people complaining about weather call offs can figure out to control Mother Nature, I take my hat off to you.
You may lose a deposit if you live far away, it's a chance you'll walk away a few dollars out of pocket, they won't take the chance you'll walk away with broken limbs or worse because your upset. Having said that the staff do their level best to sort out an alternative, the weather changes so frequent 4 of us went today and 2 got up. The staff don't do it to screw you over, they do it because at the end of the day they have families to go home to also. They're here to give you the experience of a lifetime, but priority one is to your own safety. We chatted to these guys and between them they've probably had 100,000 odd jumps, 1 alone has over 25k. Having said all that if your lucky enough or come in season or get a good day then your gonna have the experience of a lifetime, you'll fall at 120 mph and get to spin, twist, turn and even fly the parachute, from start to finish the staff are approachable, friendly, and above all else professional. Yeah we were disappointed for our 2 friends. Yeah it was a 3 hour return journey for them. Yeah we're glad the staff didn't wanna just "take a chance", as that's how accidents happen. Emailing can be slow or awkward but when you see how busy the office staff are with forms, financial side and people constantly asking hows it looking? (including us, we were guilty too) you'll understand this. Lastly as people refer to the money situation, we knew the chance with the deposit, but we were also told on arrival that its first come first served with payment and we were more than welcome to hold off as a refund couldn't be given if we paid full price, a rain check of 1 year can be obtained. At no point were we "hoodwinked" or pressured. I personally highly recommend this place as this was a surprise for my wife's 30th and I couldn't be more happy with the value for money. Advice? If your from abroad book early in your holiday unless you can control the weather, if your local, what you waiting for?

10/10 guys.