“If you value your money don't go here”

Skydive Space Center
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Titusville
Type: Skydiving, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Space Center is the ultimate destination for Central Florida Skydiving. We have the fastest planes, the most incredible view, and the highest tandem jumps in the world at 18,000 feet!
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hubby and me just back from the space centre sky diving center and not happy. I telephoned yesterday to check on the availability of the jump and a woman told us to be there for 8am instead of the per arranged 10am, as winds had been picking up in the late morning over the last few days and that would prevent us from jumping. 1st complaint, if I hadn't phoned we would have been there for 10am as previously arranged...... Anyway, arrived at 7.30am and we were given a 12 page contract to sign and initial, the condensed version of what it said is that even if you die or break every bone in your body on the jump, whether its your fault or THEIRS they have no responsibility to you or your safety........ The biggest complaint of ours is that you have to pay the full amount when you complete the contract, now this is acceptable if you can make the jump on that day but this is what it says in the contract, word for word, " all tandem fun jump sales are final. Sky diving is a weather dominated sport. If weather prevents a scheduled jump from occurring you will receive a rain check. This rain check Is good for one year from the date of issue. You will receive priority status on your rescheduled day. The bearer of the rain check must call to surrender to skydive space center on the day of the jump." Now this is fine and dandy if you live in the USA, but if you are only here on holiday, it continues "the only exception to this policy is for the out of state or out of the country jumpers who have documented with us AT LEAST THREE ATTEMPTS TO JUMP DURING THEIR LIMITED STAY AND COULD NOT BECAUSE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER. The jumper must also provide adequate proof that they are not a Florida resident and are here in Florida for a limited time. THIS PROOF WILL THEN BE PRESENTED FOR MANAGER REVIEW. IF REFUND IS APPROVED, A $50 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE TOTAL BALANCE." Now, they don't have this clause anywhere on their website, if they had we would have booked this jump at the beginning of our holiday therefore giving us plenty of opportunity to have 2 more chances at the jump, but as we didn't know this we have other things planned for the rest of the week, we're going home on friday jump was to be Sunday. We were given no assurances that we could jump today but yet they stilll wanted over $800.00 from us, we tried to explain our circumstances but were told that the contract was a legal document and could not be strayed from.............in the end we didn't part with any more money and abandoned the whole idea. They have already had $50 deposit from us and don't think we'll be seeng that again....... If the management of this company take any heed of trip advisor reviews then they should make other holiday makers aware of the 3 strikes and your out rule, on their web site and not let would be jumpers only find this out on the day of their expected jump. We totally understand that this sport is weather dependant but $800.00 is a lot of money to risk if you only have one day available in your holiday schedule to jump. Totally disappointed would be jumpers.

7  Thank Joanne and Davi... D

Reviewed September 11, 2012

super fun and friendly people! Of course we were nervouse about skydiving but the staff made us feel very confident that they knew what they were doing! We had a great time and got video of everything also....a must try!!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

After years of listening to my girlfriend saying she would love to skydive I booked the 18000 feet jump as a surprise for her and myself.

Any contact back and forth with questions I had was really easy by email and Chris is fantastic at the centre.

We were collected and dropped back off at our hotel on international drive at a cost of $75 each return which isn't to bad considering the distance and how easy it was. Our driver was great fun and full of stories that distracted from what was about to happen. Sadly the driver had never actually done a skydive so couldn't answer questions about skydiving from experience but he was a great guy.

On arrival at the centre you are required to sign a load of forms as you would expect. To be honest I read the first few statements then initialled the rest which probably wasn't wise and don't recommend anyone else do it.

From signing the paperwork you are then walked into the hanger where you meet your tandem skydiver who kits you out and talks you through the process (10 minutes maximum). At this stage your experience will depend on who you are paired with. I had someone who wouldn't answer my questions seriously and I got a bit peeved off with him but he was a good guy. My girlfriend got an older jumper and he was fantastic and very professional. During your time in the hanger you will be interviewed for your film and introduced to your camera man.

After about 15 minutes of waiting you are guided onto the plane and this is when you start to feel a bit nervous. The journey to 18ooo feet will take about 10 minutes and I did feel a little sick but not sure if this was the plane or my nerves.

At 18000 feet a small light will indicate jump time and you can only imagine the rest. I have never enjoyed anything as much as falling through the sky at such a speed. All worries are gone and what will be will be. I loved the free fall until the parachute opened and I had the sudden feeling I was going to be sick. My jumper got me down as quick as possible and don't thing this is all to uncommon as going from over 100mph to about 30mph will do that.

I originally only wanted to get the freefall video but was talked into buying the more expensive video and this was were I feel a little conned. The cheaper video is the freefall and landing the expensive video includes the parachute coming down. As I didn't feel well I was rushed down and very little video was captured. When the video was complete I watched a few seconds to check it was me in the video and only seen the final video when I got home a few weeks later. To my shock I had literally 5 seconds of the parachute footage which cost me about $60. If I had checked at the time I would have wanted a refund.

Apart from the overpriced video I would do it again tomorrow. The experience was fantastic and had no long waiting times like some other reviews suggested but this could have been due to me jumping at 9am on a Monday morning.

1  Thank krycek985
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Needless to say, one should be scared prior to jumping out of an airplane 18,000 feet above the earth. The Skydive Space Center were so professional, that when I arrived, my fear was greatly eased.
After you sign about 12 pages of paperwork, you head out to the hangar. They will call your name when it's time to meet your tandem jump instructor and get strapped up. Then it's just a waiting game.
(Side note: When you board the plane, make sure to be aware of how strong the prop blast is - it almost knocked me off my feet!)
As the plane climbed to altitude, I saw the turquoise coast of Florida, the space shuttle runway and two shuttle launch pads. Soon after, the light is turning green and your standing at the edge of the plane. It looks so much farther down when you're actually up there; pictures and video do no do it justice.
When you jump, it does feel like falling, until you get stabilized. The force of the wind as you fall through the sky makes it hard to breathe. It seemed like 45 seconds in, the instructor pulled the parachute which jolts you pretty hard. It's easier to relax here as the instructor loosens your straps and lets you steer the parachute a few times. When I got to the ground, my body was so weak from experiencing such an adrenaline rush; I felt tired the rest of the day.

If you choose to get a video made, it takes about 20-30 minutes, after which you can use one of two TVs they have to watch it before you leave.

All in all, it was a great experience by a very fun, but professional, company!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

OMG! You guys are the best!

Today was my 4th jump with the Spacecenter. I'm still flying even though my feet are on the ground!!!!!! If you are thinking of going anyplace else.... DON'T!! Nothing beats looking at the Atlantic Ocean and the Intercoastal waters while your climbing to 15k or 18k. Nowhere else can you fly right over the top of Kennedy Space Center! The ENTIRE staff, From Chris in reservations, to the jumpmasters, to the pilot of your rocket!, is fantastic, professional, and FUN. The video packages are awsome and I highly recommend getting one. I have posted mine on youtube , and I watch it all the time. It's the best way to relive the experience. (Believe me, my husband is tired of seeing it, and my 5 year old is always saying that "mommies head is in the clouds!!")
They have always put safety first, while making my whole experience as exciting as the first. The initial safety briefing was easy and fun and put my mind at ease. The plane ride up is as exciting as the jump! The view is just as breathtaking as the butterflies in my stomach. My jump master Justin, was Great! Since it was my 4th jump, we got a little crazy with turns in the air. But that was only because I asked! I'll be back for a 5th time. Thanks so much for giving this 40 year old mom, the rush of her life.......AGAIN!!!!!

PS.. you can see the vid at youtube---Heidis first skydive space center Fl 18k feet

Heidi Cortassa, Sanford, Florida