“Beaautiful Views”

A Day Away Kayak Tours
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Titusville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A Day Away Kayak Tours is passionate about reconnecting man with nature and each other. We offer tours seven days a week at various sites across Central Florida, and most of our tours take place on the Merritt Isalad National Wildlife Refuge, one of the most diverse estuaries in North America. We frequently encounter manatees, dolphins and a large variety of birds. Enjoy the natural beauty of Florida with the best possible paddling experience at the best price available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The kayak tours is a must to anyone visiting the Space Coast. The spring and fall are very nice months because is not that hot but a late or early summer day is also nice. Is a good way to see the beauty of our land. Affordable and friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for A Day Away Kayak Tours

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I read about the bioluminescent tour in an airline magazine and I knew I had to try it. I made my reservation about a week before and the person on the phone was friendly and helpful. I got a detailed e-mail prior to the tour with directions and other helpful tips. The tour is in the Merrit Island National Wildlife Refuge and is off the beaten path. We met at the boat launch and checked in, signed a release, and got a glow stick, paddle, and life jacket. We were split into two groups and then our guide gave us some basic rules and instructions. We then got into the kayaks and were off. There wasn't much to see at first, but as we paddled deeper into the reserve we began to see the glow, like little sparks coming off your hands and paddles as you swished them around. It was amazing and certain spots were definitely better than others. The guides were nice and informational. One caught a comb jelly for me to hold and as I shook it around in my hand it lit up! I released it back in the water before paddling on. It was about a two hour paddle and very relaxed. I hadn't kayaked in about 10 years and was a little nervous, but it was easy and fun. It was an amazing experience that I highly recommend.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Bob was our lead guide, first time for him and first time for us at Merritt Island. Great experience and an excellent way to see and learn about the estuary. Very knowledgeable and friendly guides with a lot of patience! Our children really enjoyed the trip! Highly recommend this for anyone looking to get out in the wild and away from the usual tourist activities. Very affordable and as our lead guide Bob said, "Leave footprints and take memories".

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a large group of 18 people who drove from Miami just to do this tour and it was well worth the 4 hour drive. We all found the staff very helpful. We called many times prior to our trip to check on weather and water conditions. We were checked in and set off in the water easily and the guides kept us on track and safe the whole time. It was a beautiful night out, the water was glittery with bio-luminosity. This whole night was a fun adventure right down to the fish that jumped out of the water and into our boats. Our guides, Sean & John, were knowledgable and helpful, fun & relaxed. We will be back to do it again, for sure!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Us locals, who kayak, do not recommend them. The guide was a pompous know it all that seems to think they own the launches and river ways. Manners and right of way, what's that????

7  Thank taz321
abiygayle, Owner at A Day Away Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Greetings Taz321,
I am truly sorry you have had a bad experience at Manatee Cove. It is understandable to be frustrated as a local trying to launch from that site. It is unfortunate that in the last two years Cocoa Beach has made it very difficult for any outfitter to launch any where else except Manatee Cove. What this sets up is the frustrating experience of 4 or more outfitters trying to set up at the same time in a small space.This portion of your complaint is valid.
As we do the cruise ship kayak tours at Manatee Cove we do have the largest portion of boats there at any given time. Our guides are required to execute their job in such a way that locals and other outfitters experience as little inconvenience as possible.
However, in regards to any of our guides behaving as a "pompous know it all" , that part of your comment is NOT valid.
We take great pride in training our guides with the understanding that we at A Day Away are servants not only of our own patrons but also "local paddlers" as well as other outfitters.
I have had locals contact me to say thank you because our guides not only keep our boats located in such a way that there is room for their own boats and a path to the very small launch area but have even helped them unload or load their own kayaks.
I cannot speak for any other outfitter's behavior at Manatee Cove but I can say with absolute assurance that any guide working for A Day Away will not act in such a way as to be labeled "pompous" or a "know-it-all". This is reflected in the many other reviews on this site alone. In the future if you find you are having issues with any of our guides I welcome a a phone call from you (321-268-2655) with a specific guides name. This gives us the opportunity to rectify any situation you may find dis-satisfactory. Thank you for taking the time to note a true issue of crowding at Manatee Cove. We look forward to working with you in the future smooth your paddling experience there in any way we can.