“One of the best nights of my life”

A Day Away Kayak Tours
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Titusville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A Day Away Kayak Tours is passionate about reconnecting man with nature and each other. We offer tours seven days a week at various sites across Central Florida, and most of our tours take place on the Merritt Isalad National Wildlife Refuge, one of the most diverse estuaries in North America. We frequently encounter manatees, dolphins and a large variety of birds. Enjoy the natural beauty of Florida with the best possible paddling experience at the best price available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 25, 2013

A Day Away Kayak Tours is absolutely superb. I had the most incredible experience of my life and it was absolutely fantastic. I felt at ease and relaxed with our guide Tim as well as completely safe for being inexperienced. He truly made the tour fun. I cannot say enough good things about him and the company. I would absolutely recommend them. I will definitely look them up again whenever I get back down to Florida. It was like being with a friend instead of being with a guide. Thank you Tim!

1  Thank prudence2014

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My adult daughter and I spent 3 hours of bliss having a first time kayaking experience this past weekend. Our guide James was everything you could ask for in a guide- calm, patient, encouraging,knowledgeable, personable, FUN!
He went out of his way to make sure we had the private tour of our making, even bringing us back to the manatee cove for another look. The company itself couldn't be nicer to do business with. I had to change my reservations due to rain, and also increase/ decrease the # of people in our tour, and the ADAKT staff was extremely accommodating with each change.
I admit that at 62, with no prior kayaking experience and my days as a Girl Scout in a canoe LONG behind me, I was plenty nervous about not being able to get the hang of kayaking. NOT SO! In fact, I loved the experience so much I am planning to go again soon. I thank James and ADAKT for this great experience.
A word to the wise- though completely do-able, allow adequate time to get to the launch site, especially now with a bridge closed. We came from the east side of Orlando and underestimated the time needed to arrive. Including a very necessary bathroom stop as there are no facilities at the launch, allow 2 hours. We had a private tour and was in contact with our guide James along the way since we got lost, so we had a little flexibility, but if you are in a group tour, you might miss your launch. I also want to add that ADAKT sends detailed directions, calls to confirm and update weather conditions and has emergency numbers for contacting them should you need assistance before or adter office hours. They do everything possible from start to finish to make your day with them a truly personalized experience.

1  Thank Jojaz17
Reviewed May 9, 2013

James did a great job making us familiar with the kayaks, setting the seats for comfort, explaining the safety issues, and guiding us through the mangroves. I will definately reccommend your company (and James) for anyone who wants to try kayaking for the first time or wants to see the Haulover Canal are by kayak. He set the pace that was appropriate for the party and was very informative about the area. Thanks for a great day!!!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was my personal highlight of our holiday in Florida. James our guide was very knowledgeable and let us dictate the pace of our trip. Our two kids loved the tour especially the manatees going around their boat. It was great to see such a variety of wildlife in their natural habitat and learn more about the area. Would recommend and if we ever make it back to Florida this is on my must do list.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Saturday I joined the A Day Away folks for a 5-6 hour paddle in the Silver Springs area. Great guides who were very knowledgable about the flora and fauna and regional history. According to the map at the place we took a break, it seems that it was about a 10 mile paddle. The recreational kayaks were new and comfortable.

There were other paddles I was equally interested in, but my availability was pretty limited. I was in Orlando for a conference and wanted to find a way to do a day paddle. Really glad that I did. I would definitely schedule a trip with them again!

1  Thank ltushla