“Very busy place.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Titusville
Great Outdoors RV Resort
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here 3 nights in an RV. The park is huge, over 1,500 sites; some with homes on them, others with just the RV pad to park on. The park surrounds a golf course, and with that comes tons of golf carts. So many golf carts, that they are constantly zipping up and down the streets; and many of those seniors are going way over the 15 MPH speed limit, and it can be a bit scary if you are out walking around.
The park has it all; two restaurants, golf, post office (felt like a lot of full time residents), church, golf cart rental and repair, RV sales and repair, etc.
We probably will not return if in the area, just too busy and noisy for us.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike M

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The park is more like a subdivision than a rv park. It is a huge complex with mostly full time residents. A mixture of lifestyles from RV to million dollar homes. Lots are privately owned and then "rented" out thru the park administration. Our lot was ok. Gravel that was level but had many cracks. Our power source did not have a 30 amp.....just 20 or 50....so it was a good thing we had an adapter. To get to anywhere in the park....the dog park, pool, laundry....you have to drive or walk for miles. Everyone has a golf cart. The staff were very friendly and helpful, but it's just not a great place if you are looking for just a place to stay for a few nights. The daily rate is $55....$61 with taxes.....high when compared to other parks. We stayed here because we had a two for one coupon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank js_mo_50
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend and loved it! Swore I would never move again but I fell in love. Everyone was so friendly and had food at the restaurants which was great for what we needed. Have been back to look at properties and are settling on our new house at the end of the month! I think we are making the right decision moving here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bonnie T
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was the best RV park we have ever stayed at. Daily garage pick up , fishing and deer in your back yard. Pristine golf course and swimming pools. Everyone is friendly and there are activities for everyone. I want to live here

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Fayensteve
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a wonderful experience last December while staying for a week. Clean large covered RV site with all amenities. Wifi, cable TV , swimming, fitness center etc. Friendly neighborhood but less than private. Rented golf cart which was fun for our Lab and allowed us the see the community. We were tempted to buy a gorgeous newly built home except Titusville has died with the Space Program So sad to see a wasted town. Otherwise we loved the area.
I actually caught a couple of fish in the pond. What a plus.
Bar BQ and huge home and ports, Will return.

Room Tip: N/A we were in a motorhome
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan S
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We started coming to the Great Outdoors Premier Golf and RV Resort in 2003. At first we stayed two weeks and then decided to purchase a port RV site. From there we purchased a home. This is a community where the home owners have a great deal to do with the budget, rules and future direction of the community. The taxes are very reasonable as are the HOA fees. water, cable TV, lawn care, general maintenance are all covered in the annual fees. There is an 18 hole par 71 golf course, a mail facility, bank, RV repair facility, a restaurant, small cafe, hair care and nail service, laundry and nature trail. Golf carts are available for rent. People are friendly and there is an nondenominational church.
TGO is comprised of different sections catering to different RV needs: concrete slabs with full hook-ups, Slabs with sheds and Florida rooms; Ports that cover the slab with Florida rooms, villas consisting of an RV port and small home, and full size homes with garages larges enough to hold an RV.
Visit for a week and stay for a lifetime. Caution: 15 mph strictly enforces. Five milles away are hotels, restaurants and Walmart.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank James H
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We are staying here for two months renting a lot in coach corner. Like others have said, it's huge facility. Still very quiet and people seem friendly. Bring lots and lots of mosquito spray or be prepared to be carried off by the insects. It's in the middle of a 2600 acre swamp and the resort does not spray to control insects or the Mosquitos. You'd think with tropical and other mosquito born diseases they'd make the effort.
Lastly, there are two restaurants here, Plantation House and little place called the Jukebox Cafe that's supposed to be a 50s style soda fountain or hangout.
First, the Planation House is nice. More a bar for the golfers then a real restaurant. Food is pretty good as far as club house type places go. Wait staff is more focused on the bar area and their friends then the dining area. I ordered a beer, which the bartender brought, and I never saw her again. She watched a football game on the big screen and joked around with her friends at the bar. I left after half hour without ever being asked if I wanted anything to eat - which I did.
Lastly, the Jukebox Cafe - what can I say about this sorry excuse for a place? The waitresses, bless their hearts, are trying hard but, the menu makes no sense at all. I ordered a hamburger with chips and a coke. Hamburgers are pre-cooked then warmed on the grill. They bring the potato chips in a bag and they don't have shakes, malts or soda fountain drinks. Nothing in this place even resembles a soda fountain, has a soda fountain menu or experience. Unless you count the posters of Elvis and old signs hanging on the walls. I think this is supposed to do it for ambience. Oh, they have fake jukeboxes wall-mounted at each table that don't play and are really AM/FM radios. I was never able to figure out how to turn the one at my table on for some tunes. I'd rate the whole experience is strictly mediocre and a waste of time and my money. I won't go back. I think the new owners have no money to really make the environment work and I bet they don't last long with what they are doing.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo