“A hidden treasure”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've ventured through the Enchanted Forest since I was a kid. It's a great area to visit for walking, jogging, and exploring. I would recommend wearing comfortable shorts and a tshirt/tanktop with tennis shoes. Bringing along a bottle of water is smart, too. In the summer it can be pretty hot. I would also advise wearing bug repellent just in case. I carry pepper spray just in case I would have protect myself from a boar, or bobcat, etc. Not trying to scare anyone from going, it's just that the area is protected and there is a lot of wildlife. I haven't seen anything dangerous, but it's good to be prepared.
I'm glad this slice of paradise has been open, free to the public, for many years now. We don't have many places to visit where buildings, cars, and traffic are present, but this is one of them.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank hannah g

Orange County, Ca
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A nice detour”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After my visit to Kennedy Space center I saw their sign and made a detour. From California, this is a very unique experience doing my 2 miles hiking loop (out of about 6 safe and well marked trails).

Visited June 2013
Merritt Island, Florida
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Really is enchanted”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our photo club meets here once a month and it certainly is a nice pleasant surrounding. The forest is home to many creatures, from spiders to birds, to tortoise, to all types of animals and insects, as well as many types of vegetation. There are many stuffed animals, e.g. bobcat, and photos of local animals and vegetation in the office and surrounding rooms.

There's no admission price.

Hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9 - 5pm Closed Sat and Sunday

Clean restrooms and meeting rooms are available to all.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank maggie068
Titusville, Florida, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“BioDiverse learning experience - Letter boxing!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

You will find letterboxes here hidden in the forest on the trails that's a fun thing to do, and take the guide tours as well. Every weekend events, and just a beautiful hike in all season. I've seen so many things every time I go and I have lost count!

Great events for kids 1 per month, great events for runners by invitation! Get in with the deadheads and volunteer it's fun!

Interactive stations inside, story telling, native american artifacts, artwork and gift shop. Where I get my hiking sticks!

You'll learn why we fire brings life to a forest and is needed for certain species of pines to grow! You'll see the canal, and just beautiful full hammocked forest to truly become enchanted in. A beautiful old Florida treasure! Please support!

Visited June 2012
Rockledge, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“An Easy Way to See Another Side of Florida”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Enchanted Forest is a nature sanctuary in Tittusville near the Space Center. It is a wonderful trip for both local families looking for a day out or for visiting families looking for something a little more low-key than Disney or beach crowds. It has a total of 5 miles of trails and covers five different habitats native to Florida: oak scrub, mesic hammock, hydric hammock, wet prairie and pine flatwood. Most of the paths are easy to navigate, but in the hammock areas, the ground can get pretty wet. Although the park is located near the highway, it is serene and quiet.
At the entrance is a learning center that has a interactive exhibit explaining the habitats and wildlife. There is also a children's room with educational toys and puzzles. A fun day out for the whole family.

Visited March 2013