“Like this Fairfield enough to send friends”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Titusville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We have stayed at this Fairfield Inn and Suites in Titusville three times over the past three years on our way through Florida. In fact, we like the hotel so much that we actually have sent friends to the hotel. The front desk could not be nicer; the rooms are clean; and the hotel is quiet. Breakfast is a plus. It is also nice that there is a Cracker Barrel across the parking lot. This hotel is so popular that it is often full, even months in advance.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2trvlppl

Reviewed May 15, 2011

courteous, clean, late night arrival. late for breakfast but very accomodative.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites for 5 nights in a suite on the 4th floor. We chose this hotel due to it's ideal location to the space coast as we had tickets to a shuttle launch.

Check in was very easy and the
staff were friendly and professional. The hotel was fully booked for he first couple of nights, due to he launch, but it never felt crowded and we heard no noise from the other guests. The room was neat,
tidy and very clean, although the
shower base could have used a bit of a scrub. The whirlpool spa was immaculately clean and a great size for relaxing. This room is incredible
value at normal rates (approx
$160), however we paid almost $300 as we visited during launch time and we thought the amenities didn't quite deserve this price tag - but that's more of a supply and demand issue due to the launch.

The bed was extremely comfortable and we had a TV in both the bedroom and the sitting area. A small kitchen area with a microwave and tea/coffee facilities was a great convenience.

We used the guest laundry and found it to be clean and the machines seemed new and efficient. Breakfast, which was included in the
rate, included all the essentials and
tea/coffee is available from the lobby 24hrs a day which is a bonus. The car park is huge so we never had trouble finding a park and although the hotel does not have a restaurant there are plenty close by.

The only issue we had during our stay was the noise from the i95. During our trip we stayed at many similarly located hotels (right next to a freeway) but this hotel was the only one where the noise really was really noticeable. I think double glazing the windows would significantly reduce this noise. I found keeping the air conditioner on all night was enough to muffle the sound but my husband had to resort to ear plugs. As the hotel was fully booked, changing our room wasn't an option for the first couple of nights, and after that we kind of got used to it, but I think it's something to be aware of.

Overall this hotel is in a great location, it is clean, good value and has attentive staff....it just needs to invest in some double glazing to make it an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank Kelwood
SalesDirectorNancy, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Hello Kelwood, Since your stay we've been monitoring our reviews and haven't had many complaints about road noise. Those few we did have were due to construction on the widening of I-95 and occured only during the day. Be assured as a new hotel ours was constructed with double-pane energy-efficient hurricane-rated windows, which offer the best sound blocking available. We are happy you found all other aspects of our hotel to be above average and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

This hotel was very clean and modern. The front desk staff was extremely welcoming and helpful, and my room was large and very modern. Very big desk made it easy to get work done, and had a flat screen television. Free internet was fast enough for me to connect remotely to work computer at a reasonable speed. The bed was very comfortable and got a great night's sleep, despite the fact that my room was on the first floor on the hotel lobby/highway side.

Room came with free standard Fairfield Inn breakfast which was pretty good, though I much prefer the Courtyard/Residence Inn/Marriott breakfast but was fresh and free so can't really complain. Also, didn't use the pool, but I went to check it out and the water seemed to be a comfortable temperature. Not a very good "lounging" pool, but more than adqequate to swim in.

On my way out, I admitted to the lady at the front desk (I think she was the manager), that I was really worried about staying there because of the Feb. 18th, review. She told me that, that person had stayed on the first floor, much further from the highway than my room, and that they are surprised he could hear anything. I couldn't hear any noise at all, and can only surmise that Mr. Feb 18th left his review after trying to shake the hotel down for a free night and failing.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.

I stayed here three nights in February while I was seeing the Kennedy Space Center and the Discovery shuttle launch. The hotel is very convenient for this. It's close to the main highways and a short drive to KSC and less than five miles to the waterfront launch viewing areas. Other guests were business people as well as adults and families on vacation.

The hotel appears to be fairly new. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The small refrigerator and free internet were very useful to me.

I used the small exercise room. It has health club quality Life Fitness cardio equipment in excellent condition as well as dumbells, exercise balls and mats. There are chilled water and towels provided. I did not use the small heated outdoor pool but did read on the pool deck. There is some traffic noise here but not so much to be distracting.

Staff were courteous and very helpful in providing directions and advice about local sights.

The breakfast buffet was very good and the area was clean and tidy. There is no restaurant at this hotel but there is a popular family style restaurant opposite and other restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2011

This is a great, easy on/off I-95 hotel. You could even make this a stop to visit the local beaches or Space Center. Lobby is beautifully furnished. There is an outstanding breakfast area serving great food. Rooms are nice with very comfortable beds. Next door is a Cracker Barrel, so no car needed for dinner. Hotel is surrounded by other nice hotels, making the area feel safe and attractive. In this area, this is the hotel to stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Fairfield_Titusville, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate all comments, both good and bad to improve our product and service! We hope to welcome you back again soon as our guest! Angela Peterson General Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2011

If the hotel you owned was practically on top of a major elevated interstate, wouldn't you feel obligated to include soundproofed walls and thick glass windows? Well, apparently the folks at Marriott don't feel this same sense of responsibility. In other words, if you're kept up all night with truck and car highway noise that sounds like IT'S RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR ROOM (even with the incredibly noisy AC fan running all night), man up and get over it. "It's not our fault. We cannot comp the room for you. There must be something wrong with you. What do you expect? There's an interstate right next to the hotel! Perhaps you should have realized this before you checked in!"

Actually, the above responses are not a product of my imagination, but real responses made by the night clerk when I came down to check out at 4:30 am, after getting not even one minute of sleep since the time I put my head down at about 10 pm. Blaming the victim is never a good idea, especially when you are in the service business. The appropriate response would have been to sympathize, refund our money and wish us well at our next hotel. I've been to hotels that should have been this noisy, but actually had soundproofing that did the trick. Maybe Fairfield should try it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PickyPassenger

I am sorry you were not able to get a good night sleep over the noise you stated to hear from I-95. Yes, the property is located next to the interstate, therefore some highway noise may be expected. However, the closest room to the interstate has a swimming pool, portion of our parking lot, and a large retention pond between it and the interstate. We have been open for nearly three years and have only had a couple of minor complaints about noise coming from the interstate. Perhaps on this day you stayed, there was excessive noise. And perhaps you are a light sleeper. The noise from an outside source, such as the interstate, is something the hotel cannot control. If there had been another room available in another location of the hotel, we would have gladly moved you into that. It is our goal to make you stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. We want you as a return guest. May I suggest that on future reservations at any hotel, please make a note that you would like a quiet room away from the highway, elevators, ice and vending machines. Most hotels will do everything they can to accommodate these requests. Thank you for your comments. Angela Peterson, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Titusville
0 mi away
Hampton Inn Titusville / I-95 Kennedy Space Center
Holiday Inn Titusville Kennedy Space Center
Quality Inn Kennedy Space Center
Ramada Titusville/Kennedy Space Center
21 mi away
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center? Share your experiences!