“wonderful place”

Cross street: Fir St.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“wonderful place”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Found this place while walking around Little Italy in San Diego. Wonderful atmosphere, service and food.

Visited May 2013

San Diego, California
“Always An Excellent Meal at Zia's!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Little Italy, located near the downtown core of San Diego's business district, is packed with wonderful restaurants, but Zia's is my one of my favorites. It is located just a bit apart from the other restaurants in Little Italy, which I think is nice because it is a quieter area in which to enjoy a leisurely meal. Zia's is a very well designed, intimate restaurant and bar, with both indoor and outdoor seating. The locals stop into the bar for a glass of wine in the evening, where they rub elbows with the tourists. I enjoy sitting outside near the large fountain area and always face west, toward San Diego's Big Bay. The dining area is fenced by wrought iron covered with hanging window boxes of flowers. Over the years, I have enjoyed one memorable salad and entrée after another, all made with the freshest ingredients and cooked to perfection. I've taken all of my very best friends to dinner there, and it is also a wonderful place to have a solo dinner with a glass of wine as the sun sets.

1 Thank IMANATIVE
Melbourne, Australia
“A top find...”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I were trying to find a shop and Zia's was nearby when it came to dinner time. It was a great little restaurant and bar. Service was efficient & friendly, food was good, a great wine list at reasonable prices and there was a great vibe about the place. Lots of locals enjoying the sun and a beer. We shared some bruschetta and fried calamari and then shared a pizza. A big tick for everything.

San Jose, California
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and two teens had a wonderful meal here. It was half price wine night and we took advantage of this, ordering a bottle. Everyones meal was delicious. I will definitely return and try other menu selections. Our server was excellent.

Seattle, Washington
“'Cause We Could Not Get Into Flippi's”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Flippi's was too long a wait so we opted for Zia's. Although there seemed to be tables open inside they said only seating was outdoors. Shared a Tomato-Mozzerella balsamic salad. Cheese was good but tomatoes were crunchy. Ordered pizza with a side of anchoveys...anchoveys never came. Pizza was pretty bland. I see no reason to go back.

• Visited March 2013