“Italy in San Diego”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Fir St.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

A great little restaurant in little Italy.The food was just like my sweet little Italian mother used to make and the atmosphere is authentic. The waiters all speak Italian and English and there is a little courtyard with a fountain that is just delightful while drinking in the great San Diego weather.We were there for lunch but we fully intend to return for dinner on our next trip.Try it,you'll like it!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We enjoyed our terrace table. The bread was good, the service was nice, and our slightly unsecure waiter gave me the great advice of going for the imbottiti - as an eggplant lover, he made my day ! My wife and kids had pizzas, thin crust, delicious. The wine was good, a Sicily white arancio, and coffees were real good expressos - finally ! All the staff was courteous and helpful. We strongly recommend !

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were shopping in Little Italy and came across this Bistro. It is reasonable small with seating under canopies outside. The waiting staff were excellent and attentive without being a nuisance. I asked for a Sauvignon wine and I was given a tasting of the two available. Excellent menu and my Linguine a la Vongole was very well prepared and presented. My colleague had a salad which was again excellent.

Not the cheapest place but good value for money nonetheless.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

we thought our concierge had made us reservations for Italian, but found a restaurant that was no longer. It was so late we just picked a restaurant. The artichoke pizza was good as well as the chopped salad. The chicken parmesan was overcooked and needed more sauce

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I visited Zia's Bistro while in San Diego on business. I wanted a light dinner, so I asked the waiter which salad he recommended and ordered that. It was one of the best salads I've ever eaten. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name, but it featured arugula, pears, ricotta salata, pistachios and a fig dressing. It was flavorful and delicious. My friends enjoyed their meals as well. I tasted the eggplant side dish included with my friend's Pollo Zia, and it was phenomenal. The only downside was that we ordered a $45 bottle of wine that arrived at the table with a screw top. (?)