“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bali Thai Cafe - CLOSED

Bali Thai Cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Indonesian, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Alberta
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful view, service, and food. A great way to end the day watching the lights of he harbour and enjoying a great meal.

• Visited February 2013

Tennessee
“Thai Die For”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I decided to grab a bite at Bali Thai Cafe, right down the road from our hotel in San Diego. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the service and the Food were a delight. I absolutely love good thai...and it can be difficult to find but this spot was right on point. We had the green curry which was perfect and then some of their pad thai noodles....and they were JUST the right amount of sweet- not too much...just a pinch. It's great when a restaurant can rely on the flavors of their food as opposed to pounds of sugar to coat it. Bali Thai and their staff were 5 stars. We'll definitely be back next visit to Cali.

• Visited January 2013
New York
“Yummy food for frugal traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was stuck without transportation in San Diego's Mission Valley, which is a neighborhood in the north-east. Ordered food as take-out through the delivery service called GrubHub.com. I was eating 3 dinners in a row, so I have had quiet an experience with their selections. Great food, description of the dishes are definitely worth mentioning, because what you read is exactly what you get. Loved their drunken noodles, pad see eyew, red curry, coconut rice, and tom kha soup. All dishes can be modified a little by adding different proteins or rices. Great price and CONSISTENTLY great food. Goes a long way in my book. Definitely a highlight of my working visit.

• Visited May 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Excellent Dinner, Possibly the Best Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

My wife and I eat out quite a bit. We have probably had Thai from about 6 different resturants. Some of them many times. We ate at Bali Thai while visiting San Diego. While we have only been here once on our second to last night in town, this experience blows all of our others out of the water. The service was amazing and the food was even better. We tried the sampler for an appetizer and we had the chicken pad thai and the chcicken with yellow curry for entrees. Very good. The only bad thing is we have to leave town and won't be able to come back until our next trip to San Diego which could be a few years due to the 1200 mile distance.

1 Thank travelingcouple72010
salem, or
“Definitely Worth A Return Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Friendly, prompt service and a menu different from the usual Thai restaurant due to Indonesian influence. We ordered Sambal Daging (thinly sliced beef in Balinese chili sauce) and sauteed vegetables in special sauce. The beef was tender and spicy, perhaps a bit too spicy for my wife's taste but just right for me. Rice was included with the entrees. The Thai tea was also excellent.

We would have returned two nights later but chose to try another restaurant. During most weeknights appetizers are reduced by $3. Seating is available on a porch having overhead heaters.

Next time we visit San Diego we'll be sure to return to Bali Thai.

• Visited February 2012