“Love It”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Calgary, Alberta
“Love It”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Whenever we are in San Diego we always stop here for pizza. Everyone is super nice and there is usually several pizzas to chose from.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank shoefly

San Diego
“Quick, cheap and yummy”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Pizzeria Luigi makes an impressive variety of delicious pizzas all day long. They put them in a refrigerated case and when you walk in you select the different kinds you would like, order at the counter and they heat them up in a pizza oven and serve them to you on paper plates. The pizzas are very large and thin crust. We like to add lots of oregano which they provide in shakers on the tables. Quick, simple and at any 2 slices plus a beer for under $8 and with soda, under $6 - cheap. You can order whole pizzas to eat in or take out. They also have 2 kinds of mixed salads. There is parking in the back or on the street and a patio for those who prefer to eat outdoors. This is a small spot, but people move in and out rather quickly after they eat.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank nanasandy
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious Pizza”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ate here on our recent trip to San Diego. The pizza was excellent! The crust was cruchy/chewy, which is what I love. The sauce was very good. We tried four different kinds. The sausage was delicious and the mushroom ricotta was very unique (to me - I loved it). My wife had what I think they called the Mona Lisa, and really enjoyed it. She also had a ham and pineapple. That is usually her favorite, but said it was a bit too sweet with the pineapple and sauce. Overall an excellent value for a fantastic lunch for two under $15. It was also very fun to eat out on the patio on a sunny afternoon.

• Visited April 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
“Best Slice I've ever had!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Let's get one thing straight right off the bat. This is a DIVE. Don't expect to go here for atmosphere. With that said, the mrs' and I had a great time relaxing on the patio with a fresh made pizza pie. The ingredients were fresh, the cheese what thick and stringy, and the sauce was amazing. It was the best pizza I've ever had. These guys know their stuff. I would go with a party of 3-4 and order a fresh pie, though, and opt out of the reheated slice. Oh, and they had some good brews on tap. I highly recommend this joint.

• Visited August 2012
Northridge, CA
“This Was a Zagat 2013?”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband thought he saw this restaurant on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives so he was excited to go. When we got there, I kept doing a double take to see if it was the same place. First of all, parking was horrible. We barely squeezed between the beer truck and parking spot in the back. They are a CASH ONLY establishment! We had to run across the street to the ATM. (Strike two). The pizza was reheated, with barely any cheese. The music of choice over the speakers was Headbangers Ball, so beware if you life the soft tunes; you will not get that here. I was shocked to see the Zagat sticker on the window when we left. On the plus side, they had a great variety of beers. Not impressed.

Visited April 2013