“A Good Dive”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Go here for the pizza, not the atmospher. We went here as it was featured on 3 D on the food channel. Lots of choices on pizza & it's available by the slice if you want to try several different ones. Bring cash as cards are not accepted. NewYork style only. Limited indoor seating & plenty outside.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Don't go thinking you'll be eating in a fancy restaurant Pizzeria Luigi is no frills. Friendly counter service with excellent pizza. Upon entering you'll find a showcase filled with various types of pizza. You can't go wrong with any selection. There is a special as well two slices with soda for $6.00. Yum!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We came here based on reading other people's reviews- and we loved it. We came with two kids and ordered 7 slices of pizza (all diff toppings) for around $20. I was obsessed with my ricotta and sausage slice while my husband loved his margherita (it was pretty Delish). Garlic knots were also really good.
We especially loved he vibe of the place and the workers were super friendly. We will definitely come again next time we are in the area.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My Family stopped here before our trip to the zoo. I thought I was a deep dish guy, Luigi's changed the way I look at Pizza. The price's were amazing 2 slices and a soda for $6. We got there early so I was able to just walk up and order 2 more slice's . We will be stopping at Luigi's every time we are in San Diego. Plus you know it's good when the owner and staff are speaking Italian.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been searching and searching all over CA. really knowing that sadly I would never find anything even comparable to the New York City pizza we had 3 years ago. Well this place is it folks. I could've eaten every kind of pizza they had but I settled on two slices. (Mushroom & marhgerita) I was smiling ear to ear in here watching the young man toss the large spiraling dough in the air. Everyone in here seems to just take pride in this pizza, it shows and just over all had a great vibe to it. Draft beer was really good too! I too saw it on DDD and was thrilled when I saw Guy's picture in there. I am so happy to have found this place VIVA the real Italian pizza in CA!!! Tis true!

1  Thank mommisalami