“Try the Mule”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sassafras / Spruce
Transit: San Diego Trolley: MIDDLETOWN or WASHINGTON ST stations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just loved this place the moment I walked in. You get card once you step foot inside, so no kids!!!
Must start off with a mule. Everything is yummy in your tummy!!!
Don't forget to pick up a book of matches on your way out!!!!

There are newer reviews for Starlite Lounge

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I would recommend heading somewhere else for drinks if your party is 8 or more -- if you want decent service. We go to Starlite for dinner a few times a year and enjoy it. For our group of 8, however, we were told that they wouldn't do table service, despite paying $9.00 per drink. They instructed me to order at the bar and haul the drinks round back ourselves. Didn't offer us any food or any table service at all. We questioned/asked about this, and they did not accomodate. All this while the place was about 10% occupied at 5 pm on a Thursday and while the service staff chatted amiably amongst themselves for the most part until things heated up around 7 pm when they had to get working harder as the place filled up more. I schelpped our group's drinks, and no tip for me. (I did tip the front bartender.) I would still go there for dinner for up to 4 people.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was a celebration of my daughter's 25th Birthday and it a terrible experience ! Do not, I repeat, do not eat at this restaurant !! The food was horrible, the atmosphere was bad and the staff was all on something and incoherent. Our reservation was mixed up, so they sat our party of 7 at separate tables. The menu was supposed to be local organic and fresh. The food was awful and extremely spicy. They would not take back the dinner and get her something else. They said too bad, that's how it's cooked. It was realistically the hottest day of the year... 105 degrees and their air conditioner was broken. The staff told us the owner didn't want to spend the money and get it fixed. They would not give us any break on the check. Bad customer relations and very little care for their reputation. The manager refused to talk to us. Wow !!

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I love the eclectic menu - both food and drink. The atmosphere is diverse. You can chose from open air or inside intimate. Fun place for a group event or just a quiet dinner with friends. I went 2 nights in a row during a recent trip and was a bit disappointed that other obligations kept me from going a third night!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went with another couple for late evening drinks and light fare - cool atmosphere, fun food and drinks. We all had speciality drinks - everyone liked their selection. Shared macaroni and cheese (excellent), eggplant (good), octopus (two loved it), and special cured tuna salad (good). A fun time was had by all.