“Good for San Diego- but this ain't Memphis”
Review of Brett's BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brett's BBQ
Ranked #2,712 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 6, 2009

If you expect Interstate B B Q or Roundivious, stay away. If you are willing to settle for very good BBQ then Brett's may be for you.

I had a combo plat of 1/2 rack or baby back ribs, 1/4 chicken (dark) and two sides. for around $21.00 I was stuffed but tempted to go back for another 1/2 rack. The place has maybe 4 tables and a small eat at counter, along with some outside tables. I sat outside in January -love San Diego weather.

The sauce is somewhat vinagery, like they do in North Carolina but is very good. Both meats were fall off the bone tender. I really enjoyed the b b q beans side. The second side was french fries which were just OK- you can never beat McDonalds there.

Orders are taken at a walk-up counter and mine was delivered in under 10 minutes.
This place is very good- I will be back many time for sure.

2  Thank unicorn123
There are newer reviews for Brett's BBQ

Reviewed October 29, 2008

I used to think Phil's was the best we had in San Diego until I tried Brett's. I've been to both locations and have found the owners and employees extremely nice and friendly. The food is the best I've had in years. My favorite is their pulled pork sandwich and my second is the baby back ribs. The sauce is just the perfect taste and amount and I think they are No. 1 in the San Diego area.

1  Thank LindaBl
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Phils way better

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 14, 2008

Brett's BBQ is located at 4S Commons shopping mall. I live across the street from this place, so it's really a hop, skip, and a jump away. Very dangerous for my waistline. :) The BBQ pulled pork sandwich is what I usually order. This comes with one side - I highly recommend the Sweet Potato Fries. I haven't found another restaurant that comes close. (If you do, let me know!!!)

The prices are reasonable. The restaurant itself is fairly small. It has 3-4 small tables inside along with a "bar" area where you can sit on stools to eat. They have a couple of TVs in there to watch while you eat. There's also available seating outside - about 4-5 tables. The co-owner usually walks around to check up on how you're doing. As most BBQ places do, they have a sink to wash up after your meal. This place is perfect for families and kid friendly. Even at its busiest, the wait for the food is not that bad.

Check out their website to browse their menu: [--]

This isn't the BEST BBQ place ever but it's pretty good. It's a solid 4 out of 5 star restaurant. You should definitely give this place a try.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Best chicken strips ive had in awhile. BBQ is really good. :)

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook