“Very Good Lunch”

Mission Gorge Souplantation
Ranked #1,511 of 4,959 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is a very good lunch choice. The soup and salad bar offers an all you can eat buffet (drinks not included). There were 8 soups to choose from (I had the tomato basil and my husband had vegetable barley.) Both were very good. The salad buffet offers pre-made salads as well as lettuces, spinach and a multitude of toppings for your salad. They had fresh baked breads and muffins, a small pasta bar, and fresh fruits or soft serve ice cream for dessert. The price was decent for the area. I would visit again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

When we go to Souplantation we usually go to this one. It's a little small but seems to attract less of a crowd so we don't have to worry about long lines and waiting for a seat. We like Souplantation for an easy, healthy, quick meal out. The choices are always rotating so there's always something new to try. Their Sunday brunch is AWESOME! On the rare occasion we have a Sunday off we always come here for brunch.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Cezar salad, chilli soup and tomato soup - the best!

Reviewed February 1, 2012

They are able to handle large crowds with ease. Screaming kids ignored by restaurant and parents

Reviewed July 15, 2011

My family has been going to this restaurant for probably 25 years or more. I believe it is the original Souplantation in the restaurant chain. We know every time we go that food is fresh, wholesome and filling. I am not normally a buffet person, but the soup and salad bars really work well. I love to try the new foods of the month, and I always include my favorites such as home made chicken noodle soup. There are lowfat and low carb choices - the test for me is to limit the home-made muffins. On a recent visit we were disappointed that several unsupervised children were hanging out at the self-serve soft yogurt bar. They were making a mess and no employees or parents were stepping up to take charge. That is one small complaint - a glitch in an otherwise favorite place for us. We do try to save by using coupons from Club Veg or the newspaper.