“Great value”

Cuisines: Japanese, Fast Food
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I wouldn't call this "fast food." I was very happy with the quality of the meal. Everything was fresh and tasted good. The location is not swanky or trendy. It is functional. Great meal. Lots of locals here, it's obviously a good place for people living in the area.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Having never been to a fast food place that sold Japanese food, much less sushi, this was a worthwhile experience. I had the tempura - large portions, variety of shrimp and veggies and everything tasted like they had just cooked it. The miso soup was okay, filling and a pretty large portion. But it tasted like it came from a freeze-dried pack that you can buy at an Asian store. The thai noodle salad was delicious but had too much dressing and peppers. Not really to my liking but hubby loved it. He tried the sushi which he thought was delicious. He especially liked that they didn't overload you with rice. And speaking of rice, we had a bowl with our order and it was done just right - soft and sticky.

Loved the fast food concept - and we did get our food within 5 minutes of ordering it - and would definitely come here again if we're in a hurry.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I sometimes stop by here after yoga class, or on the way home from work to pick up take out food when I don't have time to cook, but I think I should look for an alternate. Have tried the teriyaki salmon, spicy chicken, tempura combo, and the udon noodle soup (they do a good job on Udon soup if you get it to go and put all the items in seperate containers so you can put it together at home for the best flavor and consistancy). For the sides I always get the sumi salad, which is an excellent Asian coleslaw with crunchy noodles and almonds. Although everything is good, nothing is really outstanding. Typical entre is about $7-$10.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Have been to this place 5-6 times and it always far exceeds my expectations. all the food is very fresh and the Tempura is the best. Not a fancy sitdown diner place but the food and service can:t be matched.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

It's like Japanese/Asian fastfood.... yet it tastes good! and the price is right. You have a selection of salads already prepared so you can check it out deli-style display.

We went there during its down time so it wasn't too difficult ordering from their menu...but do check out exactly what you want. Menus are up on the counter where you order and they had handy little pocket sized ones that we each took so we could go back and order like experts (which is what we did for four days in a row!).

I can see how this place can get super crowded and confusing to order when there are tons of people and there was a crowd growing as we left. Go between rush hours (i.e. between lunch and dinner...say 3pm) and you'll have a relaxing and hearty (usually not something I associate with Japanese food...but they give you an american-sized serving) meal under $10. A deal in San Diego