“Great food and great for family”
Review of Yummy Sushi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yummy Sushi
Ranked #3,284 of 5,722 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 10, 2015

My family and I eat here often and absolutely love it. I know that some people complain of the price but let's be realistic it's Coronado Island...in my opinion it is extremely fair priced when weighed against the quality of food. My daughter loves the California roll and I am impressed with how big the rolls are. They certainly don't skimp on product! I try a new sushi or sashimi combo each time and each time I am very impressed with the freshness, flavor, and presentation of the dishes we order. Go during the day and it's 25% off the bill regardless of what was ordered! They offer military discount in case you miss the daytime special. The service is prompt, the staff are courteous and attentive, and the atmosphere is family friendly.
and the view is remarkable.

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We thought we'd try this place even though it was upstairs and a bit dark.Turned out to be one of our favorite sushi's of the trip.Also $3.00 drafts.Great rolls(we had the caterpillar and spicy shrimp) as well as good light tempura.Staff were great and even went back and dug up info on places we were interested in.

Date of visit: February 2014
1  Thank chris n
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My Asian friends were excited to see this place when they visited. The Tempura was oily and the California roll had little tiny pink dots of crab, instead of chunks and there was no cream cheese in it, either. Plus they charge a whopping $1.50 for this super-cheap rip-off of a roll.

Date of visit: November 2013
1  Thank Margo M
Reviewed July 25, 2013

overall it was just sushi in a crowded place that wasn't priced that well. The sushi chefs were on top of things but the servers were far more interested in talking to each other about their weekend plans that serving anyone.

Date of visit: July 2013
1  Thank AZactiveobserver
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This ranks up there as one of the worst sushi establishments I have eaten at.

This place deserves negative stars. There's a reason why this place is dead & why they have so many Groupons and coupons out. Service was p*ss poor and food was mediocre at best. The Groupon or Living Social deal is a complete gimmick.

Over 95% of the menu is considered 50% off or a "special" so you cannot purchase it. All of the menu items are grossly inflated when full price. Just a small bowl of edamame was 5.99, and a regular roll 15.99. Ridiculous. I don't mind paying full price for quality items but this place definitely does NOT serve quality sushi. They are korean owned and quite rude.

I had a party of 2 and bought the 50 groupon. The waitress would not honor it because "50 is for four people. 4 people must be here." I showed her that it clearly says $50 for UP to 4 people. I also requested to speak to the manager which she claimed wasn't there. Before I could say anything else she walked away.

This establishment does not care about their customers. Check out some of their yelp review. Poor service is not an isolated incident.

1  Thank JGreyson