“Amazing”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 5th Avenue & Market St
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Gas lamp quarter gem. I had pasta scampi. And hubby had burger. Fantastic service great blue grass band. Really good value for money great service and high end quality food. Best pasta I have ever had

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Wandered into this place on a Thurs night in July. They were only about half-full. We were greeted & seated immediately. They have a fun drink list - try one, they're good! I had a pasta dish w/ chicken; hubby had salmon. Our dinners were good but not outstanding. This place used to be a brothel & they have restored it as much as possible. Fun to look around while you're waiting for your dinner. There was a TV monitor we could see that played vintage films from I'm guessing the 40's or so that I guess were at one time quite racy. Kind of a hoot, actually, considering what's on TV nowadays. I've read other reviews that say this isn't a place for kids. SERIOUSLY? Have you SEEN television in the last 30 years, people??? Go ahead & take the kids. It's tame & all in good fun. But it's kinda expensive. Serivce was not overly-fawning, perhaps, but OK. Not sure I'd go rushing back, but it was a fun place to see.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at the Marble Room on our last visit to San Diego. It has an interesting history to say the least... an old brothel turned restaurant, however, the decor and waitress uniforms were quite true to it's history. The live music and the ambiance were fun, food was good, but stay way from the ceasar salad...they do their own creative take on it, which I didn't particularly care for.

Not a good spot for kiddos but great for an adult night out. Overall, a memorable place.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We arrived at the Marble Room after seeing "Wicked" at the San Diego Theatre. We wanted to sit down, have a drink in the bar, and chat about the show.

The bartender was rude, inattentive, and the bar was dark and uninviting. We paid over $30 for four drinks (one was a beer), and I would not hesitate to say that this was probably the worst experience we had during our San Diego vacation. There are so many other places to choose from; don't waste your time with this one....the Marble Room.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I ate here twice during Comic Con. The first time was very good. The Caesar salad is excellent (I tend to judge restaurants based on whether or not they know how to make a Caesar salad; clearly I'm not a foodie). The beers are large and cold. I first went with one friend from the Con, and we sat on the patio where a corseted young woman served us. They are going for the 19th century brothel concept. Apparently, this place used to be a brothel back in the day, so okay. The second time I went with all the Con geeks. This time we sat inside. This was a mistake for us. If you like to hear live music and do not want to have a conversation with your dining group, then this is the place for you. We couldn't hear a thing over the band. That being said, the band was actually very good, and if I were dining with my husband after we had already conversed about our day, then it would have been enjoyable. But the geeks and I wanted to discuss Con experiences from the day and plan our next day, so the loud music was a major obstacle. After a few drinks, we didn't care as much, but the meal started out kind of rough. The food was solid. This time I ordered a burger, very good. The other geeks liked their meals too. Overall, the place is "very good." I'd eat there again....but this time on the patio. Others have mentioned the skimpy uniforms as a problem. I didn't care. The girls are young and cute, so more power to them. They were quick and accurate with our order, so I really don't care what they were wearing. Plus, I saw way skimpier costumes at the Con; slave Princess Leia in her gold bikini is much racier than these ladies. The decor inside definitely has that 19th century brothel look complete with loads of nude lady paintings. So, visit the marble room and make it so.