“Great Local North Park Treat”

Lefty’s Chicago Pizzeria
Ranked #1,238 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We are a family-owned and operated business specializing in Chicago Pizza and other authentic windy city favorites such as Chicago Dogs and Italian Beef. We have two locations, both in San Diego. The original is located in North Park and the second in Mission Hills. We sell whole pizzas, slices, salads, sandwiches and also serve beer and wine.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Here you have a pretty nice pizzeria in a growing area of North Park that is, as far as quick eats, a Top 5 in my walking distance list. This place shows off their Chicago and local pride with tons of wall coverings, memorabilia, and a number of their menu items! The staff is friendly and quick, and the menu has everything it needs, though I'm sure they would consider adding items if you ask enough, or at least make you anything they are capable of within reason of any pizzeria. The place is "OK" for a quick stop-in, but I highly recommend ordering over the phone whenever possible because they can get backed up at the drop of a hat. I also say this because the place is a bit small inside, and not much room to wait for 5-10 mins comfortably. Outside seating available, and lots more going on around the area! Have fun!

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We had both the deep dish and the thin crust. The thin crust highlighted the toppings and was perfectly crunchy and wonderful. The Chicago style was tasty and the crust stood up to the the fresh toppings. I highly recommend.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Found Lefty's on the internet prior to going to San Diego, and was glad we had time to go there after a long day at the SD Zoo. I love to find spots like this that are not on the typical tourist trail. Though seating was limited, we enjoyed sitting out side and relaxing. Staff was friendly, and in fact the other patrons sitting outside were as well. Order inside, they'll bring it out to you.

My niece had the thin crust and enjoyed it. My wife and I had the "deep dish" (not wanting to wait an hour for the "stuffed", though I likely would have loved it), and found it to be tasty with generous toppings. Always prefer deep dish or Sicilian, but it was nice that the place had a variety of offerings. Limited but suitable selection of beers, good selection of sodas. Would go back without doubt, and hope to visit the other location as well.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Pizza sauce was sour and too bitter.. Pizza was re heated and crust was too hard almost burnt due to reheating .. Service was good but one of the cashiers was drinking a beer while taking orders .. Had a real hippie vibe to it

Reviewed June 12, 2013

It was good pizza and amazingly filling but it was chicago style. I am a New york girl at heart so I will stick with my thin crust pizza. The Monster of the MIdway pizza was excellent.