“Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mission Beach
Cross street: Pacific Beach Drive
Transit: MTS Bus stop right in front of the Hotel.
Description: The Atoll Restaurant and Patio provides fine dining with exceptional service amid the tranquil vistas and tropical breezes of Mission Bay. Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the week as well as a superb Sunday Brunch.
Billings, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

You must have there breakfast, The French toast is to die for!
The wait staff were all too friendly and helpful.

Visited June 2014

San Diego
“Breakfast on the Beach...What Could be Better”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

As a local, I don't often feel compelled to rave about a San Diego restaurant, but this morning's breakfast at Atoll's was exceptional. The setting is right on the beach, so while we waited for our meals we sipped mimosas, nibbled on pastries and watched people walk, run and bike along the bayfront. This restaurant is inside The Catamaran, one of the city's beloved hotels because of its history.

Everyone enjoyed their food (not one complaint and, with 12 of us, there's always someone who walks away disappointed). But what elevates a repast is the service, and ours was exceptional. I wish I remembered our waiter's name...he was a gem. An outdoor yoga session that's presumably part of the hotel's programs was starting as we were finishing. Parking was validated too. What can I say? There wasn't a single thing that wasn't perfect.

San Diego
“Great Food, Wonderful Ambiance”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Breakfast at the Atoll Restaurant at the Catamaran Resort in San Diego's Mission Bay is a terrific start to the day. We were a group celebrating a couple of birthdays and after our 3 mile walk, we met on the patio of the Atoll for breakfast.

Service was impeccable - we did call ahead because we were a large group. The tables on the patio gave us gorgeous views of the bay. The hostess and servers were attentive (more on that in a moment). The menu is nicely priced and has a varied breakfast menu, from signature egg dishes to yogurt and fruit to oatmeal.

I had the yogurt parfait - very nice. The yogurt was tart and went well with the fruit and granola. One quibble: too much granola and not enough yogurt. My sister had the poached eggs on polenta with romesco sauce - delicious. The sauce, based on nuts and red pepper (not hot pepper) has a great taste. Other choices from the group included the stuffed French Toast, mushroom omelet. Food came in a timely fashion, even with such a large group.

Another quibble: the coffee was thin/weak. However, our server Travis was super accommodating in getting us another, stronger pot. Travis was also patient as I changed my meal choice after I had given my order. The other servers were friendly and prompt.

The breakfast prices are very reasonable, the food is fresh and tasty, the staff welcoming and the view can't be beat!

I will be back!!

Arizona
“Planned to eat at other area restaurants but too good to leave”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The crab cakes, crab bisque and the filet were the best my husband and I have ever had. The seafood in pastry, the Ahi tuna and the burgers were very very good. As the title says, we had chosen other restaurants in the area to try but ate all our meals at Atoll because there were so many good choices. I even loved their beet salad! The restaurant was never crowded, which was a surprise to me. I wonder how they can keep such a great chef.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Good for lunch on the terrace”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Service was good, servers very personable and food reasonably priced. The ham and cheese on sourdough was great!

Visited May 2014