“Great Deli” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Palm Beach
“Great Deli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stop in for great sandwiches. I love the meatball sub. Get it to go and walk down to the beach, Frequented by locals for years. Love this place

Visited September 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great balls of...Mmmm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

This was the second time I had visited Pomas in Ocean Beach and the same staff was there, which was good and the meatball sammie was just as fantastic as the first time.

I'd say if you are in Ocean Beach, make sure you check this little deli out. It is cash only and you cannot drink alcohol in or out of the restaurant...they have no liquor license for that, but you can buy beer and wine to go.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“Best italian sub I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

My boyfriend is from San Diego, and has always told me that he would take me to Pomas when we visited but I had no idea it would be such a delicious sandwich! We got our subs and walked down to the beach to enjoy them. It could have been the scenery, but I don't think so... this was the best sub I've ever had. Nothing extraneous... just delicious fresh meats, cheeses, lettuce/tomato, oil and vinegar. My mouth waters just thinking of it!
If you're in San Diego, and you want a yummy sub, by all means stop at this place!

• Visited December 2013
Huntsville, AL
“Fantastic Italian hole-in-the-wall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This little Italian hole-in-the-wall place was fantastic. We were walking towards the beach looking for lunch when we smelled this amazing place. You must park on the street and It is located just down the street form the Ocean Beach pier. It's a small little place with some plastic chairs and tables, but the pizza (the dough especially) was delicious! The staff was super friendly and easy going. They sold all kinds of made to order Italian sandwiches, chips, and drinks. I did notice lots of people had called their orders in to save time. Our pizza took about 15-20mins. not bad at all.

Visited January 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Momma Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Found this place by accident. Stopped in for a sandwich and was WOWed by the meatball sammie. Awesome bread and the sandwich was delicious. Service was fast and friendly. Great little local place.

Visited January 2014